Enforcement of Cuiseline Policies (Smoking or otherwise)

cruzmaven

Princess installed sprinklers on their balconies from what I have learned. Major dollars for that work. Insurers write the protocols, not the lawyers. Ships are still more guest friendly than X to date too.

Oh No... It's the Lawyers write it... Believe me.

I kind of thought you were, their screen names are similar. I feel very bad for the UK lady.

Me too. I notice in another thread you were talking about sailing the QM2. ( i think I missed a whole thread that got yanked while I was doing the unthinkable, and having dinner). I'd be delighted to meet you some day aboard. I promise not to blow smoke in your general direction. I'd even buy you a martini.:D

Oh No... It's the Lawyers write it... Believe me.

I assist in writing safety policy for mission critical data centers for the likes of not to be mentioned/not to be believed....its a combination of a variety of camps. Not just one.:o Attorneys are not the Gods.

Me too. I notice in another thread you were talking about sailing the QM2. ( i think I missed a whole thread that got yanked while I was doing the unthinkable, and having dinner). I'd be delighted to meet you some day aboard. I promise not to blow smoke in your general direction. I'd even buy you a martini.:D

I'm in, I'll buy you one too. Claude925, Roxanne who is an amazing, wonderful person and My husband and I are sailing the Galaxy together,may 3rd.She smokes, We don't .... we have no problems.. If it's too much I tell her to put it in her other hand! If she doesn't want to she tells me what I can do! It's all good and everything will work out fine. People panic. The Queen Mary sounds Great, doesn't it? I hope the smoking on it doesn't kill me though:D :D :D !

I assist in writing safety policy for mission critical data centers for the likes of not to be mentioned/not to be believed....its a combination of a variety of camps. Not just one.:o Attorneys are not the Gods.

Sorry, but I have been a legal assistant for 30 years and am married to a corporate laywer in a huge National Firm. The lawyers write the policy... They might not "make it" but they DO write it.

Sorry, but I have been a legal assistant for 30 years and am married to a corporate laywer in a huge National Firm. The lawyers write the policy... They might not "make it" but they DO write it.

Stick to your guns.... I know what I do too...and I don't mark up and red line documents.:p

I'm in, I'll buy you one too. Claude925, Roxanne who is an amazing, wonderful person and My husband and I are sailing the Galaxy together,may 3rd.She smokes, We don't .... we have no problems.. If it's too much I tell her to put it in her other hand! If she doesn't want to she tells me what I can do! It's all good and everything will work out fine. People panic. The Queen Mary sounds Great, doesn't it? I hope the smoking on it doesn't kill me though:D :D :D !

Heck, my husband and my best friends are non smokers. I could have survived Celebrity if they'd left the balconies for my morning and nightcap smoke. Oh well.

The QM2 sounds fascinating. Hey, if you guys book, we can have a party in the penthouse! I'm worried now that our butler won't have enough to do because we don't know anyone for him to set up parties for us! (I've obviously been reading the Cunard board) :D Rox and I can go out on the balcony to indulge and the rest of you can suck up champagne inside. I bet there's not that much smoke on the ship. Think about it. November 29th sailing.

Heck, my husband and my best friends are non smokers. I could have survived Celebrity if they'd left the balconies for my morning and nightcap smoke. Oh well.

The QM2 sounds fascinating. Hey, if you guys book, we can have a party in the penthouse! I'm worried now that our butler won't have enough to do because we don't know anyone for him to set up parties for us! (I've obviously been reading the Cunard board) :D Rox and I can go out on the balcony to indulge and the rest of you can suck up champagne inside. I bet there's not that much smoke on the ship. Think about it. November 29th sailing.

Sucking up Champagne.......? god I'll just hate that:D :D :D Let's talk about it.

Yup - we are friends. Thank you for your kind words, Jenn. We are considerate of each other - a good qualitiy to possess, especially in these trying times. Obviously, we've both been raised with the message to love thy neighbor (bless our moms:) ).

Just goes to show you that, with just a little bit of compassion, people can get along - you and I are a testiment to that.

It doesn't hurt that we both love to drink and gamble, too.

Yup - we are friends. Thank you for your kind words, Jenn. We are considerate of each other - a good qualitiy to possess, especially in these trying times. Obviously, we've both been raised with the message to love thy neighbor (bless our moms:) ).

Just goes to show you that, with just a little bit of compassion, people can get along - you and I are a testiment to that.

It doesn't hurt that we both love to drink and gamble, too.

Oh, I'm blushing.

Drink and Gamble? Do we do that?:D

Sorry, but I do believe that smokers are a bit 'bitter' over this decision. Especially those of us who have booked a cruise to sail after Oct. 1, 2008 and were under the impression that we would be allowed to smoke on our balconies in our staterooms. Some who have booked from the UK and have asked for refunds, according to post on this board, have been told that they cannot get their deposits returned........so Yes, I do believe that the 'smokers' will be making sure that all of the Guest Conduct Policies are followed. As far as knowing who has alcohol in their room, I said, if I saw you drinking alcohol or smelled it while I was on a balcony next to you, I would call security. That is the same thing I would expect someone to do if they saw someone smoking on the balcony.

I'm all in favor of the new smoking policy BUT enforcement on the balconies will be next to impossible. In the cabins the after smell would be evident for some time afterward but cigarette smoke (although noticeable) when dissipated by the wind would be impossible to pinpoint unless the smoker were to be leaning over the railing. The only way this policy will make any difference is if the smokers police themselves, which will probably never happen.

Sorry, but I do believe that smokers are a bit 'bitter' over this decision. Especially those of us who have booked a cruise to sail after Oct. 1, 2008 and were under the impression that we would be allowed to smoke on our balconies in our staterooms. Some who have booked from the UK and have asked for refunds, according to post on this board, have been told that they cannot get their deposits returned........so Yes, I do believe that the 'smokers' will be making sure that all of the Guest Conduct Policies are followed. As far as knowing who has alcohol in their room, I said, if I saw you drinking alcohol or smelled it while I was on a balcony next to you, I would call security. That is the same thing I would expect someone to do if they saw someone smoking on the balcony.

Why don't you just cancel, since you can? There are other lines out there that can accomodate you. Why ruin your vacation?

[

But people can have alcohol in their cabins. You won't know where it came from. It could have come from the bar or was wine purchased or brought aboard (which is permissible). And for so many smokers who claim that smoke cannot be detected on other balconies (not directed at you personally) how is possible that a smoker can 'smell' alcohol on a neighbors balcony. Are they trained alcohol sniffing hounds or something?:p It's understandable to be unset, but I think I would investigate other cruise lines which can meet my needs. Why waste your time turning into a spiteful vigilante?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Uh..........ahem? ;)

Archived