AirTran flights?

littleone9699

Just today I checked my flights, and they were changed for the third time (Airtran) I received no notification once again, yet they told me the exact date and time they sent me the emails. I know they are not going into junk mail because I check all that. Anyway, the flights they put us on are still okay - but we don't cruise until March, so God knows how many more times they will change! So, keep checking your flights! Otherwise, we have had good luck with them.

Hi, I flew with Airtran back in March and will be going with them

again in January:D....and here I just came home from an

Alaskan Cruise;) ....next one is 10 nights to the Caribbean.

Anyway, I was pleased with them and hoping for the same

this time as well:)

We use airtran all the time to fly to Pennsylvannia. ONe thing that you may not have been told is that if you get to the airport early enough you can purchase a first class upgrade for 50.00 per person each way. It is really nice to have that big seat and all the room and usually the cost is still less then other lines.:D

We have flown AirTran many times. It is NOT always $50 to upgrade. Sometimes it is more. On our trip last month, it was $84 each way to upgrade. (Orlando to Rochester).

The one thing that I dislike about AirTran is that they are really, really strict about the size/weight of luggage. We had people complaining on our trip because the overall size of the luggage was 1/2 inch too big. Also, because of the charges for luggage, there were more people stuffing, and I mean stuffing things into the overhead.

Many of the people didn't try to do it near their seats. They started right in the beginning of the plane, therefore, those of us in the front of the plane had no room for our stuff. I guess it's part of the "me" generation being sure that there is room for them, the heck with others. Boarding is done from the rear of the plane as most airlines do.

Also, if you are traveling with a family, unless you all want middle seats, or don't mind being separated, you need to pay to get a seat assignment. On our way home there were several families who were separated because they didn't pre-purchase seats. Just something to think about.

Having said all this, I am sure we will fly AirTran again as the prices are some of the lowest we have seen. Just be prepared to pay for extras.

We've flown AirTran exclusively for the past 8 years and have been very happy with them. You do need to be proactive and watch your flights. This is true with all airlines, not just AirTran. Airlines don't typically notify passengers of flight changes until about 3 weeks prior to flight time. So in order to get the best alternates you really can't leave it up to them to let you know of changes. Airlines are having to consolidate flights and eliminate non-stops just to stay in business. But AirTran provides excellent customer services, especially in the event of a schedule change. If you find that they've changed your flight, the best thing to do is to check their website and see if they have a different flight that you prefer. You can choose a more expensive flight or even one a day earlier or later than your original schedule. Then you call them and request to be put on that flight. They'll happily switch you with no change fees or increase in fare. If there's nothing at all that works for you, you can get your money refunded. But before cancelling and taking the refund, be sure to check other airlines fares. They may be much, much more expensive. My return flight from Miami for our Jan. cruise was cancelled and I was moved to a 10:30 a.m. flight. I called and let them know it didn't work for me. The only flight I could get out of Miami didn't leave until 6:30 p.m. and had a very short layover to catch the last flight out of ATL to my home airport that night. They offered me the option to fly out of FLL at 3:45 p.m. That actually worked better for me. But I did make sure they noted in my file that should my original non-stop return to the schedule or I find another flight that works better at a later date that I can switch to that flight at no charge. Also, if the fare on the flight you booked goes down, you can call AirTran and request a credit toward a future flight for the difference. It's not a policy, per se, but they do it as a courtesy without charging the $75 change fee stated on their website. If you request a credit and they say they'd have to charge the fee, just call back and speak to someone else. Not all agents are aware or have the authority to issue the credit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to Air Tran last week...and I echo the advice of previous posters in keeping an eye on your flights. If they change your flight times so they will not fit your cruise schedule they will change you to a workable flight for no additional fee.

Just keep an eye on your fares and call as soon as you see an issue!

Archived