Freebies people tend not to think about on RCI? Room service?

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, "included" is what I intended--of course nothing is free. I'm looking to get as much of what is included, within reason, as I can. "Best bang for the buck(s) I've already spent"

What is the price of mixed drinks on an RCI cruise?

And what is ship policy for bringing one's own alcohol on-board? Can't imagine it's formally allowed, but will they confiscate nips? Me and my wife are light drinkers. Wouldn't mind spending money in the wine bar, but don't think I'm prepared to pay $10 per mixed drink.

You are not going to hit $10 on a mixed drink unless you ask for, say, a Cosmopolitan with specific top shelf liquor.

You may NOT bring your own alcohol on board, and since you say that you don't drink much, it shouldn't be much of a strain on your budget to buy your drinks at the bars.

Mixed drinks range from $4.50 to $7 for normal drinks. Higher prices for "special" drinks.

Many people used to say it was their birthday or anniversary to get that cake :rolleyes: I could never understand why, with all the other desserts that are available, that a person would want cake??? I suppose it's all subjective, some people want dry cake with thick sickly sweet icing (can you tell I'm not a cake lover :p ).

A few too many people ordered the cake, so to cut back to people who really wanted that celebration, they started charging for the cakes. People still order them, the ones who really need that cake don't blink at the additional cost.

There are a lot of lovely desserts they can stick a candle in. The table can have all the desserts they want off of the menu, no real need for a cake.

Give me Tiramisu any day over birthday cake :)

See now, give me cake ANYTIME over Tiramisu :)..I'm a cake person!!!

Along with the "free" seasick meds @ the pursers desk you can also get bandaids, asprin, ibuprophin, and some ointments..

Wouldn't your cabin steward have those in supply? You could just call, or it would be a lot closer walk if you were ill or bleeding.

Archived