Just Off The Liberty

tinetine

Hi! I am so glad to read that you had such a wonderful cruise on the Liberty! We were on the Liberty in 2006 and are getting very excited about our upcoming Back2Back cruise on the Liberty on June 7th! I wonder if you would mind answering a few questions since you just got off of her. The cruise director, did you like him, was he very good, friendly? Do you know if he will be on for awhile or not? What is the current captains name? Did they have the Guest Talent show? If so, did you see it, what can you tell me about it? Do you have the Capers and if so could you post them on here? Thanks in advance for your answers! Have a great week back on land! :)

Pam

Fantasy June 2004

Fantasy December 2004

Valor May 2005

Glory July 2005

Fantasy January 1, 2006

Liberty March 2006

Fantasy May 2006

Glory July 2006

Sensation December 2006

Volendam March 2007

Mariner of the Seas June 2007

Valor July 8, 2007

Glory December 22,2007

COMING SOON!!!

THE CARNIVAL LIBERTY!!

BACK TO BACK!!!!

JUNE 7, 2008

JUNE 14, 2008

HOLLAND AMERICA EURODAM

New Year’s Cruise 2008-2009

SPRING BREAK 2009 THE AMAZON!!!

I brought wine and champagne on board in checked luggage and my carry-on. No problem with any of it. I also took 11 bottles home with me. I wrapped them very well and put about 6 of them in checked luggage and they all made it home safely. I declared them all but wasn't charged any extra $$.:)

Hello thank you for this thread and the information. We will be on the Liberty 4/26 (two weeks from now) so it is good to hear good comments about the ship and the food too. Will you be posting a review ? One more question on the muster drill , you said on deck 4 ? I have never been on Liberty, so is this close to the stair wells/elevators, My DH has problems standing or walking for long periods of time , so I am hoping to minimize this by having him go a tad early and sit first until it is time for muster, then I will go and get the life vests and bring it to him, so he only has to stand during the muster. Or is there any seating available for those who can't stand that long ? Sorry for all the questions , I just want to avoid him getting tired right at the beginning of our trip. Thank You for any information. Appreciate it. :)

Cori

There were some women sitting during the muster drill. I can't remember what they were sitting on but it was right at the door when we went outside for the drill. I don't think it will be a problem. We wait until the last possible minute to go because we don't want to stand that long and be in back of the group with four rows of people in front of us. Too claustrophobic for me.

Keep all the info coming!

Pam - We will be sailing with you on your second cruise on 14 June!

Pam and Dcat, we have a group of fifty from New Orleans traveling with you on June 14th. Y'all need to jump over to the rool call board and join in if you haven't already!

Really starting to set final travel plans! I can't wait!:p

There were some women sitting during the muster drill. I can't remember what they were sitting on but it was right at the door when we went outside for the drill. I don't think it will be a problem. We wait until the last possible minute to go because we don't want to stand that long and be in back of the group with four rows of people in front of us. Too claustrophobic for me.

Thank You so much for the information, I know what you mean about standing in the back row, I am claustrophobic too and it gets too me in that back row. On Princess we just go to a lounge area and are seated during the whole muster, everyone is. So when I saw the post about the deck four and standing I wanted to ask. So Thanks for answering my question.

Cori

Hello dcat and Kruisin Kim!

I am so glad to hear that you will be with us on the Liberty on our second half! I am already on the roll call. What age of families are coming from New Orleans? dcat how many of your family are coming? Hope to chat with you both on the roll call! Maybe we will meet on the ship! I am heading to Panama City Beach for a four day weekend of fun! I will check the boards though and e-mail. Have a great weekend! :)

Pam

Fantasy June 2004

Fantasy December 2004

Valor May 2005

Glory July 2005

Fantasy January 1, 2006

Liberty March 2006

Fantasy May 2006

Glory July 2006

Sensation December 2006

Volendam March 2007

Mariner of the Seas June 2007

Valor July 8, 2007

Glory December 22,2007

COMING SOON!!!

THE CARNIVAL LIBERTY!!

BACK TO BACK!!!!

JUNE 7, 2008

JUNE 14, 2008

HOLLAND AMERICA EURODAM

New Year’s Cruise 2008-2009

SPRING BREAK 2009 THE AMAZON!!!

It was our first cruise. We really enjoyed it. We dont have anything to compare with. But the muster drill did get a bit claustrophobic as we were in the back row and so many people, no big problem We had cabin 1039 on the Panorama Deck, only about 30 cabins on our side very quiet at night which we aprreciated. We loved the balcony, used it a lot. Ordered juice and coffee every morning from room service and enjoyed it on the deck. Enjoyed all 3 ports, Key West, Caymans and Ocho Rios. Weather perfect, lightning storms just about every night, they were unbelieveable and it rained overnight everynight, because the baloncy was soaked each morning. Loved the big comfy robes, we used them to sit out in the mornings. We seen a couple of shows, we were usually pooped each night and didnt take advantage of all the lounges etc. I did win a 100 free minutes of internet use, which I used up. It is .75 per minute for pay as you go. We had a table for 2 assigned to us for dinner,we only made one formal night dinner, again we usually werent hungary at 5:45 and too lazy to dress up. We did eat breakfast every moring in the dining room. They will sit you with other people, or you may ask for a table for 2.

It was our first cruise. We really enjoyed it. We dont have anything to compare with. But the muster drill did get a bit claustrophobic as we were in the back row and so many people, no big problem We had cabin 1039 on the Panorama Deck, only about 30 cabins on our side very quiet at night which we aprreciated. We loved the balcony, used it a lot. Ordered juice and coffee every morning from room service and enjoyed it on the deck. Enjoyed all 3 ports, Key West, Caymans and Ocho Rios. Weather perfect, lightning storms just about every night, they were unbelieveable and it rained overnight everynight, because the baloncy was soaked each morning. Loved the big comfy robes, we used them to sit out in the mornings. We seen a couple of shows, we were usually pooped each night and didnt take advantage of all the lounges etc. I did win a 100 free minutes of internet use, which I used up. It is .75 per minute for pay as you go. We had a table for 2 assigned to us for dinner,we only made one formal night dinner, again we usually werent hungary at 5:45 and too lazy to dress up. We did eat breakfast every moring in the dining room. They will sit you with other people, or you may ask for a table for 2.

Did you happen to notice the number of tables for 2? I don't mean an exact number or anything. :p I'm just wondering what my and dh's chances of getting one are.

Did you sit at a table for 2 for bfast?

Did you happen to notice the number of tables for 2? I don't mean an exact number or anything. :p I'm just wondering what my and dh's chances of getting one are.

Did you sit at a table for 2 for bfast?

I really cant say for sure how many table for 2's there actually were, but mosttables were big round tables for about 10 and lots of booths. We sat at twice for breakast at a table for 2 because my husband asked to. Our table assignment was 440, and we were surprised we did get a tble for 2, for a dinner seating, because we did not request it.

We were on the Liberty in September, and had a table for 2. There seemed to be quite a few scattered around the dining room. Just stop by and speek to maitre'd(sp) and request one as soon as you board.

We also ate at Harry's one night and it was great. Great food and great service. I would try it on one of the non-formal nights. Dress code for Harry's in nice casual.

We were on the Liberty in September, and had a table for 2. There seemed to be quite a few scattered around the dining room. Just stop by and speek to maitre'd(sp) and request one as soon as you board.

We also ate at Harry's one night and it was great. Great food and great service. I would try it on one of the non-formal nights. Dress code for Harry's in nice casual.

Why would you recommend going to Harry's on a non-formal night? thanks for your thoughts!

Why would you recommend going to Harry's on a non-formal night? thanks for your thoughts!

Better choices of food in the dining rooms on formal nights. One is a lobster night (and duck as well). I look for a combo of sea day/poor menu night in dining room.

I really cant say for sure how many table for 2's there actually were, but mosttables were big round tables for about 10 and lots of booths. We sat at twice for breakast at a table for 2 because my husband asked to. Our table assignment was 440, and we were surprised we did get a tble for 2, for a dinner seating, because we did not request it.

Wow, got it and didn't request it. How lucky. ;)

I'm planning on it. It's just never worked before. :(

We'll be on the Liberty in November. Its just like the Glory, so I know I will love it. Did anybody sample the sushi? I "lived" ;) at the sushi bar on the Glory (other ships have these little cart/kiosk type of sushi bars :rolleyes: ) there was always a nice variety on the Glory. I know I have more questions, right now I just have food on the brain....

Thanks for all the info on the Liberty. We will cruising on her on May 4th and were wondering if they still have the four dinner seatings or have they gone down to two now like some of the other Carnival ships. When I printed our docs., it said we have 8:00pm, so I assume they still have 4, but you know what they say about assuming something. HaHa.

Also, what time was your dinner seating and which dining room were you seated. Thanx

They still have 4 seatings. 6:00, 6:30, 8:00, 8:30pm. We had the 8pm and loved it. I liked the 8pm because you didn't have to rush to get ready on port days. We got ready headed down to the promenade got a drink and had sushi for a happy hour appetizer. Good place to relax and people watch before dinner. We were in the Silver dining room which is located in the aft of the ship.

Archived