Thank you RCCL! (our Navigator Cruise 4/3/08

We left Dallas Thursday morning 4/3/08 on Southwest airlines..due to the Wright amendment...we had to land in Houston and then on to Ft. Lauderdale. WE DID NOT LEAVE THE PLANE!. They unloaded the plane and loaded it back up..then we were off to Ft. Lauderdale.

Got to Ft. Lauderdale about 12:30pm. My DH's luggage was missing!!! EVERYTHING! I had many of my things in there too. (makeup, toiletries,FORMAL WEAR, nice clothes, shoes) He had..his new tux..shoes, underwear, toiletries, shorts, swim wear etc...Like I said..everything.

Anyway...we reported to Southwest airlines baggage area. They informed us that they had already been notified by Houston that our luggage was accidentally taken off the plane. They said it would be on the 3:05pm flight and they would deliver it to the ship before the ship left at 5:00pm.

At 4:00 I called S/W to see if our luggage was on the way. They said..."I'm sorry..another mistake was made and you will not be receiving your luggage today. We don't know where it is" YIKES! They said they would do their best to get it to Cozumel on Saturday (two days later) They said we could spend $100 for everyday we didn't have our luggage to replace things we didn't receive.

We were only on a 4 day cruise. Cozumel is our only port.

We were in the Conceirge Lounge at 5:00. (we both needed a stiff drink) ;)

Carlos (the Concerige)came directly to us after hearing us speak about our luggage. He gave my DH a voucher for a tux and a voucher for laundry. (formal night was to be the next night..the night before Cozumel) He also said they have formal wear for women at the Guest Relations desk.

I had a dressy pant outfit I could wear..but no shoes.

We went to the Guest Relations..they had already heard from S/W airlines. They were working together to get our luggage to Cozumel on Saturday. They supplied my DH with underwear, toiletries, 5 cute RCCL t-shirts and several other items. They found me some cute shoes to wear. (size 5..hard to find in stores..how did they have it?)

All in all..our trip was not ruined. RCCL and S/W worked together and got our luggage in our stateroom on Saturday! S/W does not even fly to Cozumel! So..we are grateful to them for getting our luggage there and on the ship. :)

We are forever grateful at how hard these wonderful crew members worked to make our cruise enjoyable!

We are very grateful to Carlos (the Concerige) Also..his beautiful new wife at Guest Relations helped us as well. Not to mention the shop keepers on the ship! Everyone was wonderful!

One lesson we did learn...NEVER PACK YOUR STUFF SEPARATELY! PUT 1/2 IN EACH BAG. (just in case one is lost):eek:

THANK YOU RCCL! WE LOVE YA!

You learned the right lesson! ALWAYS mix clothes in different suitcases! (And, when possible, fly in the day prior!!)

I'm glad everything turned out ok--I would have been a TOTAL basketcase!

Yes! The funny thing is...I had read that about a week before our cruise and didn't do it!!! Lesson learned for sure!!!!

We're going on a back to back in September..it would be horrible for that luggage to get lost.:eek:

We fly SW alot and usually don't have problems with luggage but on our last cruise one of our bags did not make it (got misplaced in Orlando). Luckily for us, we came in a day early and our bag was delivered to our hotel during the night so we had it before getting on the ship..

Coming home...different story... 3 of our bags did not make it (connection was tight but if 1 bag made it then all of them could have). One bag got shipped to NY by mistake - not sure what happened to the others. It was late the next day before we received them all.

Glad it worked out for you!

Wow, I would have freaked without my luggage. We always pack each other clothes in multiple bags. That way we may be wearing bathing suits but at least we have something to wear. On all of our cruises (knock wood) we have never had a problem with luggage. Although several times our luggage was delivered really late after sailing and we were assuming the worst but it always showed up.

Glad RC and SW came through for you.

Ann

Archived