RCI just called me about the new policy

deeva211

I saw the smokers say that they were going to email and fax their dislike of the new policy. I decided to email Celebrity and RCIinvestors with my thoughts. About 30 minutes ago, an RCI representitive called me. They thanked me for the email and asked me questions about the new policy. I wanted them to know that the silent majority's loves the new policy. I told them that I was overjoyed and that I look forward to even more restrictions in the coming months and years. After telling him how happy I was with the new policy, I told him that I hoped the policy would be enforced. He assured me that they were going to enfore it! Thanks RCI and Celebrity!

I wonder if they will enforce the smoking policy as well as they do the chairhog one?

Sure they will enforce it well...if nothing else to take $250 from a smoker for "cleaning". Maybe if they decided they could make money on someone for violating the chair hog rules, they would be enforcing that as well. :)

Ummm....revenue from chairs........let's not plant that idea in their heads or we'll be seeing chair reservation fees in the near future.

On the other hand, maybe that's what it will take to stop people from putting their crap on chairs all day and hardly using them.

Ummm....revenue from chairs........let's not plant that idea in their heads or we'll be seeing chair reservation fees in the near future.

On the other hand, maybe that's what it will take to stop people from putting their crap on chairs all day and hardly using them.

Cruzmaven....we cruised on Home Lines (the Doric and the Atlantic) in the 80's and Chair fees were customary. It resulted in long lines on boarding day at the pool. People getting in their request for choice locations.

We also cruised other lines in those years who did not charge chair fees....chair hogs were abundant.

There does not seem to be a happy solution unless the staff does a good job of removing lonely items.

Happy cruising,

Marilyn

Please, can you give me the email address where I can congratulate Celebrity about its new smoking policy. I am so happy about this new policy! :p

Thank you.

Toto

Just go to Celebrity's web site and click on "contact us" in the bottom middle of the web page. Then click on "e-mail us" near the top middle of the page.

Cruzmaven....we cruised on Home Lines (the Doric and the Atlantic) in the 80's and Chair fees were customary. It resulted in long lines on boarding day at the pool. People getting in their request for choice locations.

Actually this is the way of the future. Everything old is new again. The Sanctuary area on Emerald Princess and other Princess ships is essentially a charge for a choice lounge chair area with no children allowed. Other lines are going to follow suit and offer this soon enough.

I may be flamed for this, but doesn't the Travel Agent have some responsibility to call and tell clients, and advise about the new X policy? A good TA would do this.

Yes. That is, of course, assuming that the guest used a T.A. (many don't) and that the T.A. is aware of the change...

I may be flamed for this, but doesn't the Travel Agent have some responsibility to call and tell clients, and advise about the new X policy? A good TA would do this.

And I think Celebrity has a HUGE responsibility to email, snail mail, etc. all of their booked passengers and let them know of the change ASAP.

1% of cruisers, if that many, belong to this board, and most will know nothing about this new policy change until the get their boarding doc after they have paid final payment, or when they get to the ship.

The least Celebrity can do is add the new policy change to the front page of their web site along with fuel supplement charges and passport information.

I emailed RCCL when the new policy came out (btw, my TA heard about the new Celebrity policy a full day after I read it here) to register my displeasure as I was considering a Celebrity sailing also - and to register my concern that RCCL would follow before my Jan 09 cruise. I did get a response - I won't be a silent objector. And - I have my alternative all-inclusive land vacation picked out just in case. I am introducing my SO to cruising and would like to do that with him the rest of our lives, but both can be as happy with land vacations - will just take our $$ and put it in the pockets of different shareholders.

I emailed my displeasure 4 days ago - It would be silly for me to expect a reply but I'll let everyone know if I do.

Since we live in NJ we have heard this argument before about not allowing smoking in restaurants and bars. There was a big to do about how it was going to hurt business if someone had to go outside to smoke. Well guess what business is great and no complaints. Smokers go outside and everyone else is safe from their smoke. Personally I don't know one person who smokes anymore, smokers are definetly in the minority. It costs almost $10 a pack here in Jersey, so only people with money to burn will still smoke. I think Celebrity will do just fine with this policy. People will just go to the back of the ship, like the cigar smokers and smoke there.

Pat

walktheplank1.jpg

Archived