New to Carnival, best place to book??

Bert64

We've only cruised on RCCL so far, but we're looking into booking the Western Caribbean on the Valor and I have a few questions...

On RCCL, they can't discount cruises and the prices are the same whether it's the ship or TA or anywhere online, so the only 'deals' are if you're offered OBC. Is it the same with Carnival? How/Where do I go about getting the best 'deal'? Are there Carnival sales I should be on the lookout for? I'm a newbie, and I'd hate to book it and then realize later I made a rookie mistake, haha...

Also, my boyfriend and I are younger (28 & 24) but we have 2 kids and are much looking forward to some time to relax and sleep in and not do too much of anything but enjoy our 'break'. That being said, we obviously don't get out much at home and I want to make sure there's a somewhat active nightlife and the ship isn't quiet by 11. We're going in November if that makes a difference.

Anything you more experience Carnival cruisers can add would be MUCH appreciated and welcome. I'm really looking forward to trying a new cruise line...Thanks!

We've only cruised on RCCL so far, but we're looking into booking the Western Caribbean on the Valor and I have a few questions...

On RCCL, they can't discount cruises and the prices are the same whether it's the ship or TA or anywhere online, so the only 'deals' are if you're offered OBC. Is it the same with Carnival? How/Where do I go about getting the best 'deal'? Are there Carnival sales I should be on the lookout for? I'm a newbie, and I'd hate to book it and then realize later I made a rookie mistake, haha...

Also, my boyfriend and I are younger (28 & 24) but we have 2 kids and are much looking forward to some time to relax and sleep in and not do too much of anything but enjoy our 'break'. That being said, we obviously don't get out much at home and I want to make sure there's a somewhat active nightlife and the ship isn't quiet by 11. We're going in November if that makes a difference.

Anything you more experience Carnival cruisers can add would be MUCH appreciated and welcome. I'm really looking forward to trying a new cruise line...Thanks!

TAs can't advertise lower prices than Carnival, but they can quote whatever they want (i.e. you have to enter some information to get their best price). To beat Carnival's advertised pricing, one way they do this is they get blocks of staterooms so they can get group discounts, and / or some will also give back some of their commission to lower the price that they quote. Others will offer "free" insurance, pre-paid gratuities, excursions, bottles of wine, or the practically useless coupon books that they get from Carnival to use in their promotions.

The same TAs who offered you OBC to cruise on RCL might be your best bets to discount Carnival's rates. Carnival doesnt allow discounted rates to put published but you can get them on the phone with TAs. I would check with the same TA you used and if they dont discount, keep looking.

Archived