Luggage tags

Cmorganz

My travel agent sent me my documentations today. She said it is all done paperless now! Enclosed in our documents were paper luggage tags that we have to cut out and fold and staple on our suitcases that have our room number on them.. We are going on the NCL Star out of Seattle June 14th. Has anyone else ever heard of this. All our other cruises we were sent color coded tags.:confused: If it rains I am sure the tags will be is awful shape!!!

We received regular luggage tags from NCL about 2 weeks ago for our 5/11 cruise on the Dawn. We booked our cruise about 4 weeks ago and received our cruise documents the same day we paid for our cruise in full(which was the same day we booked--since it was past the final payment) but within 1-2 weeks we had regular luggage tags in the mail.

if you receive e-docs (eletronic documents), just print off a few copies of your luggage tags on regular copy paper and take them to a local Kinko's or other office service store. You can get them laminated for a very nominal cost.

DH & I just print our luggage tags off from our e-mail, make a few extra copies of the luggage tags and encase them in clear packing tape after filling in the info and folding them as suggested with the instructions. Costs us next to nothing to make the tags and they are very, very durable. We attach them to our luggage with a few short strips of more clear packing tape.

Dianne

My travel agent sent me my documentations today. She said it is all done paperless now! Enclosed in our documents were paper luggage tags that we have to cut out and fold and staple on our suitcases that have our room number on them.. We are going on the NCL Star out of Seattle June 14th. Has anyone else ever heard of this. All our other cruises we were sent color coded tags.:confused: If it rains I am sure the tags will be is awful shape!!!

Yes, I printed mine out on my computer printer. Then, I encased them in clear contact paper just in case of foul weather. You could also encase them in that wide clear packing tape to make them waterproof.

Hope this helps.

if you receive e-docs (eletronic documents), just print off a few copies of your luggage tags on regular copy paper and take them to a local Kinko's or other office service store. You can get them laminated for a very nominal cost.

DH & I just print our luggage tags off from our e-mail, make a few extra copies of the luggage tags and encase them in clear packing tape after filling in the info and folding them as suggested with the instructions. Costs us next to nothing to make the tags and they are very, very durable. We attach them to our luggage with a few short strips of more clear packing tape.

Dianne

Don't bother with all that! You will get "real" tags from NCL before you sail. I got my pretty yellow ones about a month ago...we sail on May 3rd.

sounds like she was nice enough to print out your edocs for you...that was nice.

for the luggage tags, you may get some...through the mail..a couple of weeks before the cruise, but you may not. you don't need them, so don't worry. the printed tags, from the edocs...you can wait until you get to the docks to put them on, many use clear packing tape to make them stronger. some get them laminated, but if none of that works for you...just get some from the porters at the docks. they usually have pockets full.

Don't bother with all that! You will get "real" tags from NCL before you sail. I got my pretty yellow ones about a month ago...we sail on May 3rd.

Sorry, but we've sailed on NCL many times. Sometimes we have received ``real tags'' in the mail, most times not. Had a couple of cruises when we received no tags at all and had to check in for tags at the pier.

Dianne

oh, you aren't suppose to cut them out, usually they print one to a page and you are suppose to fold the paper to they are many layers.

Exactly - if you fold them as directed you end up with a very strong 6 layer tag. No need to laminate. All it has to do is get from the pier to your cabin.

How strong you ask. I stapled mine on at Heathrow airport, they went into a coach, off the coach, into the pier, on to the ship, off the ship, into a cab, onto a plane, off the plane, into the trunk of the car and home. The tag was still perfect.

Ooops, or maybe NOT. :o Some folks get them, some do not ... never could figure that one out.

ANYWAY, as DianNe has said, you don't really need them. The porters will have them. Just MAKE SURE your correct stateroom number is put on before you walk away from your bags. ;)

It all works out GREAT!

BTW: most other cruise lines are converting over to all e-docs as well. NCL is just on the forefront of all this.

Have a wonderful cruise ...

~dianNe

You have time I would call NCL and identify yourself Im sure they would send you proper tags. It's worth a try.

just wait until the middle of may, if you haven't gotten luggage tags by then, if it's important to the OP, then have your TA call and request them. they don't get sent out, in most cases, until very clost to sailing.

they get sent with a excurions book, (that is not as up-to-date as the website, a welcome booklet and the "real" luggage tags)

sailing out of seattle in '06, i got only edocs...no luggage tags even in the edocs. family (who booked same TA) got everything. my luggage, with tags from the porters, got to my cabin sooner then their's did.

really, as long as you have some type of luggage tags...othewise they are no big deal.

You have time I would call NCL and identify yourself Im sure they would send you proper tags. It's worth a try.

Sorry it is up to the TA whether or not they want the Freestyle Package sent to them to send to their clients. I think in this case since the TA went to the trouble of printing the edocs I would not hold my breath waiting for anything else.

That may not be the case. I've done e-docs twice now with NCL and they have yet to send any other bag tags. I just tape them on with wide strapping tape (shipping tape whatever you call it). It keeps them a bit moisture proof and will not tear off.

My travel agent does not sent the package out either. We actually called NCL and they flat out refused to send us the tags. They said if our agent didn't send them, we could not have them. Then, the rep went so far as to say that our agent was lying and just didn't want to send them to us. We took care of that fast and the NCL rep was not happy when our travel agent called her to let her know that their company doesn't do the kits and that she was not lying. After all of this, NCL still would not give us the tags!! Oh well, paper will have to do!! As long as I don't have to change them at the pier to the real ones.

My travel agent does not sent the package out either. We actually called NCL and they flat out refused to send us the tags. They said if our agent didn't send them, we could not have them. Then, the rep went so far as to say that our agent was lying and just didn't want to send them to us. We took care of that fast and the NCL rep was not happy when our travel agent called her to let her know that their company doesn't do the kits and that she was not lying. After all of this, NCL still would not give us the tags!! Oh well, paper will have to do!! As long as I don't have to change them at the pier to the real ones.

The ones you have are the REAL ones. Relax, it's not that big of a deal. If you want colored tags when you get to port, get them. Your bags will get there just fine.

all 3 tags are real...no problems there.

i can see where some agents don't want to play middleman, NCL send the packet to them, the the TA needs to watch for them and then mail them to you and if anything happens..inbetween...the TA would get the blame.

NCL is right, if your TA has not requested them, they won't send them to you.

the ones you get in the mail are colored, that is the only difference. not colored to deck or cabin, but just to the ship at that port at that time.

with more of the cruiseline gone to edocs, less and less stuff will be sent out.

personally, i love the email stuff....much easier for us (in apartment living)

Just returned from the Jade. Our TA gave us the printed versions, but we didn't bother to cut them out, cover them with tape, etc. Figured we would pick up tags at the airport. The NCL people didn't have tags at the airport but found some stickers to put on the bags. We got them promptly anyway so it really didn't matter, I guess. Just a little extra hassle.

Archived