Todd English Restaurant on Queen Mary 2

rkacruiser

I have some questions about the Todd English Restaurant on QM2 that I hope some may be able to answer.

1. Are the Lunch and Dinner menus the same each day?

2. Other than at the Restaurant itself, are the menus available for viewing anywhere else on the ship?

3. How much of a gratuity would be approrpiate for dining in this Restaurant?

Thank you for your help!

Hi,

They have basically the same menu items for lunch and dinner. There are lots of items to choose from so if you go two times you can have different things each time. His signature dishes are the Lobster Bisque and Short Ribs. The BEST dessert in the world is his Fallen Chocolate Cake. Served Warm with ice cream it is amazing. Also amazing are the "Loveletters" which were the best ravioli I ever had. Also, the foccacio is amazing. I can make a meal of that. I'm making myself hungry.

You should be able to view the menu on the Interactive TV. The charge of $20. for lunch and $30. for dinner takes care of the service.

Its GREAT

Bon voyage

• 1 month later...

We were on the QM2's Maiden Carribean Voyage & there was no extra charge for dinning there. Each cabin is allowed to book there once though, although the restaurant was never full. It's the best restaurant aboard & definitely worth trying.

Could I recommend the onboard cookery demonstration by two of the chefs from Todd English. They demonstrate how to make two of their specialities, 'Maine Crab Cake' and 'Fallen Chocolate cake'. You also get a copy of the recipes so you can re-live the experience when you get home !

Actually, you do have to pay. It was only free for the first few voyages. From what I understand, it is about $30 a meal. It is certainly well worth it. The menu doesn't change. It's usually beef, prime rib, chicken...

I highly recommend the truffle loveletters.

Archived