Question for WennFred about "Goodies in Stateroom"

jrmende63

Hi Fred,

I viewed the videos on UTube and did not see the basket of goodies in the bathrooms. Did I just miss it or do they not have those baskets in the cabin bathrooms? Thanks, Julie

PS thanks for the videos. And the great review! I can't wait to take our Freedom cruise in Nov of this year.

Julie

Hi Fred,

I viewed the videos on UTube and did not see the basket of goodies in the bathrooms.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Im glad you mentioned this, the cabin was fully made up as you can see from the video, the only thing that was missing was the free samples in the bathroom. They were also missing in Cathy's inside cabin. When we first met the Cabin Steward, I did mentioned it and he told me he would have them there this afternoon along with the extra pillows. Not sure if Cathy got hers, I will have to ask Wendy or Mom when they get home.

Fred

We had a great Cabin Steward, he took care of all of our needs, when he saw that Wendy had the ALOE Gel in the Ice, he gave us and extra white bucket full of ice to use and he did that on his own.

I wonder if they are cutting back on the samples.

Fred

We had a great Cabin Steward, he took care of all of our needs, when he saw that Wendy had the ALOE Gel in the Ice, he gave us and extra white bucket full of ice to use and he did that on his own.

Fred

Fred,

Thanks for the quick answer! I hope they are not cutting back...I am like a kid on Christmas day to see what is in the basket! LOL:D

i'd almost bet most of those samples are given to them by other companies. I know at Walmart we used to get those donated all the time by companies for grand opening goodie bags and all that stuff.

I could be wrong

Fred

It would seem strange to cut them back unless the companies donating them were cutting back. I'm sure Carnival doesn't pay for those goodies - the individual companies use them as marketing. But we did notice there wasn't much in our goodie basket on the Liberty in October - the usual small toothpaste pouches, a Pepcid sample, and a coupon for $1 off a hairbrush. That was about it this time. We had lots more stuff on the Miracle and Victory - toothpaste, self tanning lotion, a vitamin C supplement, body lotion, a romance novel, and some a few other things I think.

As it was explained to us in December - they are not cutting back. (our sample basket was not in the bathroom when we entered the cabin.) What is happening is that the samples have to be loaded onto the ship at the dock before each cruise, and then when they "filter" down to the stewards they put them in the cabins. (usually that first evening.) It is the loading/unloading process that holds up the stewards from doing their part of the job. Samples may vary from cruise to cruise, depending what Carnival gets "for free."

Actually, this was the first time our goodie basket was not in our cabin on our arrival. We only had 3 small tubes of toothpaste, 2 disposable razors, and 2 samples of deodorant. Like vacruiser mentioned, on other ships, we have received many more items -- romance novels, body lotion, pepcid, etc. etc.

Our cabin steward was the worst I've ever had -- he was just OK. He even forgot to do towel animals several nights! He didn't fill our ice bucket half of the time, and we were lucky if one of the 2 glasses was clean after he would clean the room. :eek: I think he needed more training!!!

As it was explained to us in December - they are not cutting back. (our sample basket was not in the bathroom when we entered the cabin.) What is happening is that the samples have to be loaded onto the ship at the dock before each cruise, and then when they "filter" down to the stewards they put them in the cabins. (usually that first evening.) It is the loading/unloading process that holds up the stewards from doing their part of the job. Samples may vary from cruise to cruise, depending what Carnival gets "for free."

You would think that they have tons of these free samples onboard in some compartment on each deck.

Fred

I remember on our cruise in Nov of '06 we had toothpaste, razors, tanning lotion, vitamin c stuff (gross really) I think that was all. And I don't think our steward was that great either. It was our first cruise, but we got one towel animal for the whole 5 night cruise, we only got beach towels once, and they cleaned a little too well and actually put some of our things in the drawers that had been on the top of the dresser (on purpose). I thought they had been lost or thrown away!! It took me half an hour to find my misplaced things...

Yes Fred, I would also think they would have tons of these samples in a closet somewhere. But I literally searched down the steward, as my dd's cabin and ours (adjoining) had no supplies whatsoever- not even an empty bowl - and we needed a razor, and hadn't received our luggage yet! (armpit emergency for a dd, who forgot to shave that a.m.in the hotel - LOL) The steward actually told me the stuff was delivered before each cruise - and they never really know what was going to show up for each cruise. I will say - we had a lot more samples on the Valor than on the Freedom!

Yes Fred, I would also think they would have tons of these samples in a closet somewhere. But I literally searched down the steward, as my dd's cabin and ours (adjoining) had no supplies whatsoever- not even an empty bowl - and we needed a razor, and hadn't received our luggage yet! (armpit emergency for a dd, who forgot to shave that a.m.in the hotel - LOL) The steward actually told me the stuff was delivered before each cruise - and they never really know what was going to show up for each cruise. I will say - we had a lot more samples on the Valor than on the Freedom!

strange you mention more samples on the Valor..We had more samples on the Valor last January and have since been on the Glory,Miracle and Conquest...(do they have extra supplies!!)

Archived