Two luggage questions regarding FLL

I have two questions regarding luggage in FLL....

First, do we have to claim the luggage and load it on the bus ourselves or are we back to the good ole days where they get the luggage from the plane to the ship for you?

Secondly, if you have had a cabin change since you received your docs (so your luggage tags now have the wrong cabin #/deck #) on them...what do you do to make sure they make it to the new cabin?

Thanks for all of your help.

The "Good Ole Days" are gone, thanks to Osama. You have to claim your luggage at FLL.

If you have had a cabin change, just get with a Porter at either Port Everglades or POrt of Miami, and they will provide new tags with a blank area to write in your cabin #. You don't need to put the original tags on the bags.

Jay

Jay & Scheila Lowery

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;04;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Radiance of the Seas.....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;17;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Adventure of the Seas

Monarch 05/99

SS Oceanbreeze 10/00

Enchantment 04/01

Explorer (East) 10/02

Explorer (West) 03/03

Voyager 10/12/03

Radiance 04/04/04

Adventure 10/17/04

If that doesn't work out, put your old tags on your luggage and let your room steward in your new cabin know where your old cabin was. Then, they'll make sure your bags get to your new cabin.

Enchantment 7/02

Navigator 11/03

Next one?? ??/04

Just double check your Porter's handwriting! On the EOS our porter wrote the #7 so it resembled the #1 and my luggage was sent to the wrong deck. I didn't get my suitcase until after 8PM. Luckily I had read and followed cruise critic advice and had packed my carry on with everything I would need that day - bathing suit as well as a dinner outfit and shoes.

Does anyone know if American Airlines has a site at the FLL pier for checking in and dropping off luggage like they have at MIA? Certainly was a nice feature!

Jewel 3/05

Explorer 3/04

Majesty 3/03

Thanks for the info. I was hoping they were more like SJU now where you must claim your luggage at airport but then turn it over to RCI rep and they haul it to ship (instead of us having to haul it out to bus). We always pack our "stuff" for that day in a carryon just in case we don't see bags until long after sailing.

I couldn't find the thread but I knew this had been addressed many months back...about luggage tags with a new cabin. There were several great suggestions and I can't find that thread. (Of course, since we have to claim our bags and haul them with us then just having the porter change them should work.) Thank again.

Archived