Air Canada Flights??

Hi

I was just curious if anyone has taken Air Canada to Vancouver? I am looking for flights to Vancouver from Ft Lauderdale in Sept. I am been checking prices on tickets and Air Canada seems to have reasonable prices, I just don't know how reliable or safe their flights are. Has anyone used them and what was your experiences?

When I think of flying I usually look to the well know named airlines, but the prices are outrageous.

If you could share your stories and experiences I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I have used Air Canada many times to travel within BC, to Ottawa, and to the UK (Heathrow). I have never been delayed, and my luggage has never been lost or delayed. I find that the crew has been generally nice. So I would say, based on my experience, Air Canada is very reliable and safe.

AC is the national flag airline carrier of Canada.

Being Canadian and the fact that Air Canada is our Major Airline here in Canada we fly with them frequently and also participate in their frequent flyer program. You should be quite happy with Air Canada - their service and on time record is better than pretty well all of the US carriers.... if you are flying Business Class their lounges are better than any of the United or Continental lounges I have been in....

However if you are flying Florida to Vancouver you might also want to check out the prices to Seattle. Flights to Seattle are so much cheaper that so many of us Canadians use the Seattle Airport we even have an Airport Shuttle bus that runs 5 scheduled trips daily direct Vancouver to SEattle Airport cost $49. pp each way.... name of shuttle service is Quick Shuttle

Air Canada is a world class airline which DW and I fly frequently both in Canada and abroad. Their fleet comprises some 340 aircraft mainly current model Airbus and Boeing equipment. You should be quite happy with them.

Reliable, generally on-time, nice aircrafts. We fly AirCanada as often as we can unless the price difference is too great. Good reward program.

I believe they have a direct flight from Miami to Vancouver if your Fort Lauderdale flight is not direct.

Kathy:)

I was just curious if anyone has taken Air Canada to Vancouver? I am looking for flights to Vancouver from Ft Lauderdale in Sept. I am been checking prices on tickets and Air Canada seems to have reasonable prices, I just don't know how reliable or safe their flights are. Has anyone used them and what was your experiences?

When I think of flying I usually look to the well know named airlines, but the prices are outrageous.

You'll probably get a lot of people jumping on you to point out that AC/Air Canada is a major international airline. Very Major, I believe they're something like the 10th or 11th largest airline in the world with a fleet of HUNDREDS of aircraft.

That said, you can assume the fly up to date equipment (of Boeing longhaul and Airbus and Embraer medium-short haul) aircraft. As for service they're not bad, they're just not great.

Your other options would be

Check out Canada's #2 airline' WS/Westjet http://www.westjet.com/ Unlike AC, WS's flights may not show up on all travel agency websites, but be assured that they're a strong strong company that offer a very good product, with service quality much higher than that of AC and fly a modern fleet of Boeing 737s. The downside is that they are not partnered with other airlines or alliances.

Try and get a cheap flight to JFK, and fly on CX/Cathay Pacific (CX) JFK-YVR. CX are one of the world's premier airlines, and operate JFK-YVR-HKG with the rights to carry passengers on the JFK-YVR segment.

Fly to SEA/Seattle (all major US airlines) or BLI/Bellingham (AS/Alaska Air, w/ NW/AA/CO codeshares) and drive. it's a 3 hr drive from SEA and about 90 minutes from BLI to downtown Vancouver.

Air Canada and WestJet currently have seat sales on for the summer - I would check out pricing.

www.aircanada.com

www.westjet.com

For example, I found September fares of $440 USD for Fort Lauderdale - Montreal - Vancouver - Montreal - Fort Lauderdale really good deal. It will be $10 less per person if you select the option that takes away ability to change flights. It would be nice and relaxing to fly right into Vancouver and not have to worry about making your way up from Seattle. Air Canada planes and WestJet feature seat back entertainment systems.

I have done over 100,000 miles on AC in the last 2.5 years. One of our national pasttimes in Canada is to bash Air Canada for its lousy service, however I have to begrudgingly admit that they are generally better than most of the mainline US airlines I have flown.

I have done over 100,000 miles on AC in the last 2.5 years. One of our national pasttimes in Canada is to bash Air Canada for its lousy service, however I have to begrudgingly admit that they are generally better than most of the mainline US airlines I have flown.

LOL I also like bashing Timmy's coffee and doughnuts. Westjet's CS is so much better then Air Canada's but AC service is much better then some US airlines.

Dear god, it is snowing here in Victoria :eek:

Hi All,

Being a Canadian I often fly (sometimes no alternative) Air Canada and things usually work out right; despite the announcements and statements made by Air Canada and its employees. It's frightening to listen/read their Public Relations or even minor Customer advice which always seem to be out of touch with actual events. However, if the price is right go for it.

Let's not even discuss what it is doing in the Rockies! Ugh -- I'm SO overdue for spring!

Did the same thing here in the banana belt of Sechelt, twice today...fortunately it did not impact the 3rd picking of bananas!

I came home from AZ for this!!!!:mad:

Did the same thing here in the banana belt of Sechelt, twice today...fortunately it did not impact the 3rd picking of bananas!

I came home from AZ for this!!!!:mad:

Next time try to bring the hot weather back with you :D

Still snowing here!!! This is the weirdest weather I have ever seen!

Let us know when you get a good flight Is Westjet an option??? I think they have a 60 pound per bag limit

Hi

If you could share your stories and experiences I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

I would stay away from Air Canda if flying to Vancouver. If you have to change planes in Montreal , make sure that you have at least 3 hrs(min) between flights. You have to clear customs and then transfer to your next flight.You also have to clear security again. Also make sure that you don't travel thru Montreal between 7 - 9AM and 3-7PM. This the time when the shuttles to Ottawa and Toronto is the busiest. The wait at security can be up to 1hr.This happen on to us on a flight from Orlando in 2006 . We just made our connecting flight (less that 5 min to spare).:mad:

A flight thru Seattle or Calgary AB would be better.:cool:

I always try to stay away from Air Canada when I fly (live in BC) .

Archived