Disembarkation at Fort Lauderdale - Princess Crown

Plain Sailing

Myself and my wife will be disembarking from the Princess Crown on 2nd November next. Can anyone tell me how long the process of disembarkation process is. The schedule says we arrive at 7 and we hope to get a flight at 11.35 from Fort Lauderdale Airport which I belive is not that far away, can anyone please confirm this?

I would appreciate any advice as its the last leg of our honeymoon and I don't want anything to go wrong at that point. Thanks

Have never disembarked at Ft. Lauderdale, but do use the airport frequently. It is a short taxi ride (or shared limo) from the terminals. The airport itself is one of the easiest to navigate, and there isn't usually a lot of traffic. So, barring any unforseen circumstances, you should be able to make your flight connection.

During your cruise, go to the purser's desk to request an early disembarkation. Bring your flight itinerary with you.

When the time comes, you will be given special luggage tags which will allow you to be one of the first off the ship. Another option, is to self-carry all your own luggage from your stateroom, this will speed up the process quite a bit and get you off the ship very early.

The airport is very close. Having said that, there are a lot of taxis, but there are also a lot of people trying to hail a taxi. You'll get one, but it may take awhile.

Also, if there are a lot of ships in port that day, the line at airport security can be quite long....well over an hour to get through. One time, the line extended through the airport into the parking garage...good thing we had plenty of time.

You should be able to make your flight, I just wanted to you know some of the hazards you need to be aware of.

Congratulations...and have a wonderful cruise!!

Lew

The posting above is correct. Let them know your flight details in advance, grab a cab and you'll have no problem making an 11:30 flight. Everything going smoothly, you'll get to the airport by 9:00.

Ship docks at 7- customs will need to clear the ship before you can get off.

We have always booked the 11:30 flights home- We took our itinerary to the pursers desk the night before getting off. He gave us early off tags since I didnt want to be bothered carrying our luggage off the ship.

We were at the airport by 9am- with plenty of time to spare.

Now if the ship is heald up for any reason-- you could be in trouble.

An 11:00 or after flight out of FLL when disembarking the 'CROWN Princess' should not be a problem at all. We have sailed out of Port Everglades at least a dozen times and have always tried to take flights out that are at 11:00 or after (even made a 10:30 a couple of times with time to spare). Never had a problem and still plenty of time to check in and stand around for about an hour before the flight boards.

We just got off :( the Emerald on Monday. We used the Easy Check feature and were through Customs by 8:20. It is a very short ride to the airport, so you will be there before 9 am. Your flight will be fine!

Archived