Carnival Victory questions

floatinrocks

Two questions:

1. Has anyone been in a balcony room at the back of the ship on Upper just above the bar? If so is it noisy? Are the balconies bigger because there are only 6 staterooms across the back? Rooms 6436 - 6440 & 6463 - 6467.

2. Does the Victory have a stabilizer problem? I've read it can be really rocky.

Two questions:

1. Has anyone been in a balcony room at the back of the ship on Upper just above the bar? If so is it noisy? Are the balconies bigger because there are only 6 staterooms across the back? Rooms 6436 - 6440 & 6463 - 6467. Friends had cabin in this area and loved it.. I think they were very very slightly bigger

2. Does the Victory have a stabilizer problem? I've read it can be really rocky.

Not that i noticed at all.. smooth as silk

Was on Victory in 2006 and while I didn't have an aft balcony, I understand they are deeper than normal. But they may not be fully covered.

I was just about to ask a Victory question. Hope you don't mind but I'll add it here and maybe someone can answer too...

Does anyone have photos of Club02/Circle C? Any information on what is in the room -- PS or video system, movies, etc?

I wouldn't think that those aft cabins would have much noise late at night from the Adriatic Lounge below. Several nights the midnight comedy is held there and there is Kararoke held some nights.

No problem with the stabilizers on the Victory when we sailed in Feb. If the weather gets a bit rough, as it did one night for us, you may feel something no matter how good the stabilizers are.

Was on Victory twice -- I definitely wouldn't say that they have a "stabilizer problem" -- but I have noticed that the Destiny/Conquest class ships are not the most stable ships afloat in general...

I think thats more a design issue than any kind of malfunction. That said, if the seas are calm you won't feel a thing!

Two questions:

1. Has anyone been in a balcony room at the back of the ship on Upper just above the bar? If so is it noisy? Are the balconies bigger because there are only 6 staterooms across the back? Rooms 6436 - 6440 & 6463 - 6467.

We were in 6463 and loved it. the view is wonderful and we never heard any noise. We did have the AC fan on at night...so that might be why it was so quiet, but I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat. And in fact have booked that same cabin on the Triumph, Victory's sister ship. Our Balcony was nice sized. I don't know if it was any bigger than the one we had on the Spirit on the Starboard side, but we did enjoy the balcony a lot. Saw lots of Fish and birds from the balcony.

The ship was not rocky at all. We did have some vibrations in the dining room (AFT) but I am used to that by now.

We were just on the Liberty and I didn't notice much difference from it and other cruises we have been on in the past. DD did get sea sick for the first time in her life but the boat was a little rocky that night. Also she was in the VERY front of the ship at the top in the kids center. Worst place to be for motion. :)

Just got off Victory had cabin 7430 same cabin in Jan on her sister ship. Liked the size of balcony, slept with door open every night never heard anything. Only thing we did not like is there is no privacy from side to side or above and below because of the design everyone can see you out there. One day the cabin above was trying to throw there pillow mints out into the sea well most of them made it on our balcony the sun did a nice job with those. So we are going to try 7419 on the Victory bigger balcony (longer) and more privacy.

As far as the stabilizer problem the sea was so bad that they had to pull them in so the ship could ride out the waves better that's according to Carnival, because on the way back it was smooth as silk.

I had my TA check and she said Carnival assured her the balconies are longer when there are 6 staterooms across the back as opposed to 8. There are 6 on Victory Upper deck so we should be fine.

Newfie, I get carsick and rarely have a problem when cruising. When I do, I go to the information desk and ask for Dramamine tablets (they're like our Gravol) and they give them out no charge. Also, you can ask for playing cards and they're no charge too!:D

There is a Gravol that is made with Ginger and doesn't cause drowsiness, but it also doesn't work as well as the regular kind.

These ships are so big you seldom have a problem, have fun!!!

gdurha99

I will try to upload the pictures but there is some good pictures on the Cruise Message Boards Cruise Critic cabin selection tips board just search cabin 7430.

Newfie,

Motion sickness problem even with the 12 to 14 foot chops we had last month the sea braclets and 2 ginger pills a day did the trick,also with fresh air and not having a empty stomach will always help. If all else fails the shop has chewable bonine non drowsy.

Archived