Any Suggestions for St. Maarten shore excursions?

palmgirl

When we were in St. Martin, we rented a car, stopped at a depaneur (grocery store), bought some wine, cheese, a baget, grapes, and sliced meats. We drove to Orient Beach, had lunch on the beach, and then headed back to the port, making a couple of stops along the way to shop.

We would do it all over again!

Isn't Orient Beach a nude beach? My mom loves those kind of places:eek:

No way in H*** would I go to one!!!!!

Dear Orcrone;

Make sure and read these travel auto policies carefully BEFORE you purchase. Many of these policies are SECONDARY COVERAGE. Also, most policies will not cover four wheel drive vehicles and some vehicles that we do not consider off road vehicles,i.e. Suzuki Samuri. (That means, they do not cover the vehicle period.)

If it is involved in an accident in a parking lot, you are SOL. In that case, bonds will have to be posted and this can resemble a legal shakedown. Some of the travel insurance programs offer optional car liability policies that are very reasonable, however, read these policies word for word as well. Most, do not cover exotic vehicles, and as Americans, we don't share the same views on exotica, as the underwriters of these policies. Many European coverage policies will list vehicles they do not cover that Americans assume to be standard use vehicles.

Finally, if you are going to visit very many locations on a given island, consider parking locations and costs. Parking near many attractions cost more than down the road or across the way. We were inclined to rent a vehicle and after advice from a seasoned islander, we decided to make the most of our time and enrich the local cab company and be able to add to the rum retailers bottom line! Also Orcrone, I believe you are a diver ? Consider the value and lug factor of your gear.

Dewhit,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll definitely have to be careful. You're right, I am a diver, but I don't think I'll be diving at St. Maarteen. DW doesn't dive, so I'm limiting my diving to two of the five ports.

Archived