Infinity outdoor pool

jccruiser

We aren't big swimmers but we are about 90% sure that the 6 times we have been on Infinity that the outdoor pool (which is saltwater) is not heated. Even in Alaska. Indoors is the T-pool and it is heated (although the temp can fluctuate). We use the T-pool almost every day we have been onboard. We love the fact that no one is allowed in the T-pool if they are under 18. It's more of a giant jacuzzi.

I do not know about Alaska, but on our 2006 (fall) Baltic Cruise on Constellation, the outdoor pool was heated, which surprised me as on the Caribbean cruises, it is not. I do not know whether or not that is standard operating procedure, but for the entire cruise, the heated Thallasso Therapy pool was shut down. So perhaps it was just a compromise....:confused:

Going to Alaska, 6/20/08 and need to know if the outside pool is heated. We are taking a 15 year old boy and he would certaihly like to swim. If not I'm sure he could use the indoor pool.

The indoor pool (a) is not a swimming pool, it is a relaxing pool and (b) is for adults only (18 and up, I think). I would imagine that a 15 year old might not mind the unheated pools outside... unless low outdoor temperatures make pool-life impossible.

The outdoor pool is too cold for swimming during Alaska cruises (been there twice in July and August). Besides, the air is chilly so you wouldn't want to freeze your butt off when you leave the pool in your wet trunks. The only pool warm enough for me is the spa pool:D

Archived