Hurricane Damage?

PricePerformer

Hi there,
We just got off of the Conquest today. (I'll be posting a thread about our day in Jamacia.) There wasn't much visible hurricane damage in Montego Bay with the exception that their banana trees were all blown down. There were some buildings with wind damage, but everything in the town is up and running! Hope you have a good time!

Hi Katavenger.

The Conguest is exactly the cruise we are looking at. I hope you will write a review. There have been some troubling posts about the Conguest and its passengers. Did you encounter anything out of the ordinary?

Also, was the departure down the Mississippi exciting? Was your cabin on the New Orleans side? Did you have a Balcony? Cruising doewn the Missississippi seems special. We have been on a Paddle Wheeler on the Mississippi before.. but a Cruise ship?. I am surprised that the hugh Cruise ships can make it.... but obviously they do.

Thanks
PricePerformer

We also just got off the Conquest 2 days ago. If you are planning on going to Margaritaville in Montego Bay in the near future, you wont be able to. They had damage to their building and are working to fix it, in the mean time they have a little hut on Dr. Caves beach from which they serve food and drink and they have a shop to sell merchandise. We saw trees stripped of fruit and leaves and some minor damage to other areas, but not too much. The Conquest was a great ship and we had an awesome time. Cruising down the Mississippi is indeed special. Any further questions, just ask.

Archived