What movies is HAL showing now?

btobey

Just wondering--for those who have recently returned from a HAL cruise (or are on board now!), what kinds of movies is HAL showing in its theaters? I know, it's an odd thing to think about, but our cruise is less that a week a way--I've got to think about something or I'll go crazy waiting! :p

On Zaandam they showed Transformers

The Bourne Ultimatum

Juno

Stardust

Michael Clayton (g00d)

The Last Legion

No Reservations

Starting Out In The evening

Enchanted

August Rush (good)

Gone Baby Gone (good)

The Golden Compass

Lions for Lambs

Dan in Real Life

The Nanny Diaries (good)

Pat

On the Westedam last week we had

Gone Baby Gone

I am Legend

Sweeny Todd

Juno

The Great Debaters

Dan in Real Life

August Rush

National Treasure

Michael Clayton

I think there was more and definitely at least one other that was playing in the theater. I'll check my dailies.

On the Westedam last week we had

Gone Baby Gone

I am Legend

Sweeny Todd

Juno

The Great Debaters

Dan in Real Life

August Rush

National Treasure

Michael Clayton

I think there was more and definitely at least one other that was playing in the theater. I'll check my dailies.

These are the same ones that were on the Maasdam Apr.4-14 that I recall. A couple movies that I liked on the TV were Bee Movie and 27 Dresses.

On Maasdam, a week and a half ago, we had:

Enchanted

Lions for Lambs

Gone Baby Gone

August Rush

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Atonement

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I am Legend

P.S. I love You

I could never be your woman

They were shown twice a night mostly at 8:00 or 8:15 and 10:00, 10:15 or 10:30 in the Wajang Theater. Twice during the cruise, there was a third showing at 6:00 pm.

One of the changes made by HAL which I don't care for is to do away with matinee movies. Used to be great to grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy an afternoon movie, especially on a sea day. The Culinary Arts Center (which on the "S" and "R" class ships doubles as the Wajang) has taken the place of those PM movies. Can you say "Mo Money?":rolleyes:

On Maasdam, a week and a half ago, we had:

Enchanted

Lions for Lambs

Gone Baby Gone

August Rush

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Atonement

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I am Legend

P.S. I love You

I could never be your woman

They were shown twice a night mostly at 8:00 or 8:15 and 10:00, 10:15 or 10:30 in the Wajang Theater. Twice during the cruise, there was a third showing at 6:00 pm.

One of the changes made by HAL which I don't care for is to do away with matinee movies. Used to be great to grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy an afternoon movie, especially on a sea day. The Culinary Arts Center (which on the "S" and "R" class ships doubles as the Wajang) has taken the place of those PM movies. Can you say "Mo Money?":rolleyes:

Good thing we don't have to rely on my memory:D .

I liked the afternoon movies. I wondered why they didn't have them. I forgot the Culinary Arts Center.

Thanks for the responses! Yes, I was wondering if there would be some recent DVD releases. Sounds like there are definitely some movies that I missed seeing in the theaters in there, so I'm looking forward to maybe catching some of those. Thanks again!

I'm with you Copper. That was one of my gripes on Zaandam--The movies were shown at 5 pm (dinner is at 5:45) or 10 pm, after the entertinment (Too late for me).

Pat

Archived