Towel animal book ...

pms4104

I was browsing the Variety section of the Onboard Gifts portion of HAL's site and noticed that for $15 one can order a coffee-table book featuring the critters. Not much description ... but I would imagine and hope that the book is not just a picture book but includes how-to's.

We purchased the "Towel Creations" book on the Volendam about 3 weeks ago. It gives detailed instructions for 40 animals (far more than we have actually seen during cruises!) and even tells you what size towels to purchase. Btw, the towels should be washed first for good results...

Why not surprise your next staying guests at home !

We purchased the "Towel Creations" book on the Volendam about 3 weeks ago. It gives detailed instructions for 40 animals (far more than we have actually seen during cruises!) and even tells you what size towels to purchase. Btw, the towels should be washed first for good results...

Why not surprise your next staying guests at home !

Is the lizard and sea turtle in the book?

I wouldn't classify the book as "coffee table" - which to me signifies a large format. The book looked interesting but we don't have many over night guests.

Coffee table was part of the teeny description on HAL's site.

Is the lizard and sea turtle in the book?

There is a lizard in the book and also a turtle. It really is a cute book and I am anxious to try a few. I won the book at a cruise critic get together on our last cruise. Not sure I would have paid $15 for it but sure was a nice prize!

It's definitely not the size of a "traditional" coffeetable book, but it's a nice small version of a pictorial coffeetable style book. It looks like this:

Towel Creations book

Here are a few interior pages, to see how it's laid out:

Towel Creations book - Piggy

Towel Creations book - Dinosaur

(There are photos of the towel animals I got in the gallery link below).

Amazon has a spiral bound "Towel Monkey & other cruise ship favorites" for sale for $14.95..You might check it out..If you just search toel animals on Amazon, the WEB site has a few more books..

http://www.amazon.com/Towel-Monkey-other-Cruise-Favorites/dp/0978747704/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2_s9_rk?ie=UTF8&s=books&s9r=8a1080b60d117c11010d34087a2c02a2&itemPosition=2&qid=1209320252&sr=1-2

Archived