Mad at Gem-Kids Crew-Lost &found

frazzys

We were on the April 12 Gem-Had a pretty good time till the last night.We woke up Sat the 19th morning and realized our youngest son's blanket was left in the Kid's camp.(we have 5 kids)When we went to get it it was not in the camp or the lost and found.We were there every day so they knew who we were.Also the last night we gave them a great tip.this is a kids blanket and they are not helping.That morning I asked If the reception could call one of the camp workers and they told me no!If anyone knows a camp worker on the Gem please let me know I would love to contact tham:mad:

Sorry about the lost blanket.:( Maybe someone else picked it up by mistake? That could be the case, explaining the reason it wasn't there when you went back and why they couldn't find it. Maybe they realized later and turned it into lost and found rather than take it back to the kids club. You could contact customer service and maybe they could direct you better. I don't know what happens to items left on the ship but I assume they come off the ship and go somewhere on land. Good luck.:)

We were on the April 12 Gem-Had a pretty good time till the last night.We woke up Sat the 19th morning and realized our youngest son's blanket was left in the Kid's camp.(we have 5 kids)When we went to get it it was not in the camp or the lost and found.We were there every day so they knew who we were.Also the last night we gave them a great tip.this is a kids blanket and they are not helping.That morning I asked If the reception could call one of the camp workers and they told me no!If anyone knows a camp worker on the Gem please let me know I would love to contact tham:mad:

Frazzy-Someone popped onto our roll call before we left to introduce himself as a kids club employee. I think there was a message afterwards to thank everyone. That could have been on the Roll call or a thread. Go to the Roll call and see ifyou can find his name. He is not on board the ship now since it crossing won't have many kids. I'll see if I can fiind the thread. Maybe you can ask him what happens to lost items. I think they go to Miami.

Sandy

Simcoe19 posted on our Roll call #426. He was a youth counsellor on the ship. You can try to check out his other posts to see of you can answer from him somehow and get hin back on line to talk to you. Otherwide, I would call NCL direct and ask if they have it in the lost and found. Sorry about the blanket. Sometimes it's a kids lifeline!

Sandy

I'm sorry about the loss of the blanket. I don't understand why you are angry with the ship/crew, though. Ultimately, it was the responsibility of the person picking up the child to remember to pick up personal items.

Good luck but don't get your hopes up.

We had our camera go "missing" on the Pearl a few weeks ago. My wife left the Stardust theatre without it and went back 10-15 minutes later and it was gone. This was confirmed by the surveillance cameras but they say they cannot see anyone walking out with it. Very bizarre as they can see her walking in with it and leaving without it.

We reported the loss immediately to security and reception/lost and found. It took them over a day to respond and even then just treated it like another lost item despite the fact that our drivers licences, credit card and sail & sign card were in the camera case. Very stupid on our part but we had gone ashore that afternoon and my wife had used the camera case as a purse. We checked reception every day for the rest of the cruise hoping and praying that someone would turn in it. No way.

Front reception was very indifferent and it was a frustrating experience to say the least. After the camera had been missing for over 36 hours they called security to do a sweep of our cabin before agreeing to look at surveillance cameras. Thankfully security must have thought we looked like honest people and did not check our cabin, even though I said "let's get this done now".

We were more concerned about the missing ID than the camera itself. Even at that it took them hours and several trips to the reception desk before we were given an update on what the surveillance showed. We really had to push hard to get this looked into and we are not pushy people.

Having said that, the staff captain did meet with us and left a message on our phone giving us the bad news.

Anyways...sorry for the rant...and getting off topic a little...I just needed to vent. :)

P.S. If you're reading this and you're the one who took my camera....POST MY PICTURES PLEASE!!!!! :(

i know when a child has a favorite blanket and it is suddenly gone this can be prettty denvistating to hin/her, but to blame anyone other than yourselves or maybe the person that picked it up is hard for me to understand. I am sure the crew knew who the blanket belongs to, but probably didn't see it disappear. Hopefully by some miracle it will show up, chances are it will not.

Nita

Archived