2nd Wedding Dress

Is anyone out there buying a second dress for dinner and partying through the night?

I am thinking it may be the thing to do for me. My dress is kinda poofy and has a train so I don't think it will go over to well for dinner and partying.

Do you all think this dress is do'able with dinner and such? Or if it were you..would you get a second more sleek, informal style as well?

1101FL.jpg.a632a7cc1ee01a0eb5fa00bad03173a1.jpg

1101BL.jpg.cba51c235c1268c2c1ec160de8a0115d.jpg

Are you talking about wearing this dress at a formal wedding or a cruise or what? I would wear whatever you like for your wedding and keep it on. You will never wear it again. My daughter wore her dress to a bar after her wedding party was over.

Are you talking about wearing this dress at a formal wedding or a cruise or what? I would wear whatever you like for your wedding and keep it on. You will never wear it again. My daughter wore her dress to a bar after her wedding party was over.

Cruise wedding...onboard..while in port...etc.

Was it poofy & had a train? Was it more of a hassle for her?

(I fear I will take up an entire half of a dinner table..haha)

LMAO maddam. I had the same worries, and i was right. I DID take u half of the table, my dress was so big and i had a big hoop skirt on underneath too. It was a ballgown. I can say that i think a sleeker, second dress would have been easier but i didn't want to go that route only because i loved my dress so much and i knew i would only get to wear it once so i went for it. Its completely up to you. If i were you, i would buy a second one and bring it. This way you can have it if you do decide to change and if you don't decide to, you can use it for the formal dinner night.

LMAO maddam. I had the same worries, and i was right. I DID take u half of the table, my dress was so big and i had a big hoop skirt on underneath too. It was a ballgown. I can say that i think a sleeker, second dress would have been easier but i didn't want to go that route only because i loved my dress so much and i knew i would only get to wear it once so i went for it. Its completely up to you. If i were you, i would buy a second one and bring it. This way you can have it if you do decide to change and if you don't decide to, you can use it for the formal dinner night.

Ya think I can get away with a white dress on formal night? I am usually a "black" kinda girl. But that certainly isn't a bad idea!

That seems like a really large extra expense. I'd keep the original dress on.

Just curious - when did the concept of purchasing a second wedding dress become popular?

When they became bigger.....I have no clue. It doesn't actually have to be another full out wedding dress. Something a bit fancy..but not over board. More like a white party dress is what I have in mind. A sundress is a great, simple idea but I think my hair & make-up will be to much for it. I am considering wearing a tiara & veil. If I change dresses, I would still like to be able to pull off the tiara without the veil.

Yah I definitley think you should wear a white dress for formal night, you are the bride and it's your week! Haha, i tried so hard to find a white dress to wear for formal but unfortunately i just couldn't. I really did want to though.

LMAO ass off @ my WEEK. Sure does sound better than my DAY. I may just consider it for that reason :D

I have been thinking the same thing, my dress is quite big and I am not sure how long I will be able to stand wearing it. (Even though I love it so much that I didn't want to take it off! ) Here is a dress for $159 at Davids Bridal I have been thinking about.....

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3177&prodgroup=159

-Rene

I have been thinking the same thing, my dress is quite big and I am not sure how long I will be able to stand wearing it. (Even though I love it so much that I didn't want to take it off! ) Here is a dress for $159 at Davids Bridal I have been thinking about.....

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=3177&prodgroup=159

-Rene

I liked that one...but I am thinking it may not look that great on me cause of my belly..almost like it would make me look digger in that area. Definatly a good choice though! Seen your dress on another post...very nice! Glad you did change your mind to the strap-less one.

This is the one I am eye-balling right now. It's almost exactly what I have in mind...however the price isn't. I'd rather not pay that much for a second dress. And would have to come up with a very clever way to smooth out the belly area...haha. (I'm a sucker for corsett backs!)

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/collection/product-page.asp?q=Wedding+Dress&SKU=Haylee&i=10274233222

Thanks for the compliment! I too am really glad that I chose the strapless. Even though my soon to be mother in law has stated many times that she does not believe that over weight people should wear strapless dresses. But I did it any way. I can imagine what she thinks, but who cares, right?

I also have a belly plus some, and while that dress is very beautiful! it almost seems too fitted like almost mermaid style past the hips and would show everything. I don't know though, I do know that things are not always how they seem. Such as my experience with the strapless/halter dresses. Maybe it would look good on a fuller figure. If you try it on let me know!

BTW, your dress above is gorgeous, It really doesn't look all that poofy.

I like the dress you just showed but didn't you say you had a belly? Maybe I read it wrong but I would think that would show everything.

Yes..I'm a plus size girl that has had a child. So definatly have that extra flab going on. Thanks for your opinion.

Thanks for the compliment! I too am really glad that I chose the strapless. Even though my soon to be mother in law has stated many times that she does not believe that over weight people should wear strapless dresses. But I did it any way. I can imagine what she thinks, but who cares, right?

I also have a belly plus some, and while that dress is very beautiful! it almost seems too fitted like almost mermaid style past the hips and would show everything. I don't know though, I do know that things are not always how they seem. Such as my experience with the strapless/halter dresses. Maybe it would look good on a fuller figure. If you try it on let me know!

BTW, your dress above is gorgeous, It really doesn't look all that poofy.

I thought the same about a strapless...not for big girls. But I have seen alot of BBW pull it off wonderfully! Even still...when I went to try on my halter I didn't want to try on a strapless incase I liked it:rolleyes: . If I did I would have been shopping FOREVER because of the many different styles.

The 2nd dress definatly does look very fitting which is a concern. Thanks for the input.

This is the one I am eye-balling right now. It's almost exactly what I have in mind...however the price isn't. I'd rather not pay that much for a second dress. And would have to come up with a very clever way to smooth out the belly area...haha. (I'm a sucker for corsett backs!)

http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/collection/product-page.asp?q=Wedding+Dress&SKU=Haylee&i=10274233222

I love that dress! I I had found that site before buying mine I may have bought that for my wedding dress. I am opting for an informal dress from David's bridal and I will probably wear it for formal night too.

Do you all think this dress is do'able with dinner and such? Or if it were you..would you get a second more sleek, informal style as wel?

If I had my wedding to do over again I would have gotten a second dress for the reception. I was so worn out by then that I could have used a lighter dress! Plus I was so uncomfortable sitting at the table (and you can tell looking at my pictures - I just looked miserable!)

I am too! Keep in mind that you can always have one added. That's what I did because we were married the last day of the cruise and I didn't want to worry about weight gain during the week!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2844&prodgroup=127

I never knew they could add them. That's not a bad idea. Atleast that gives me more of a selection to choose from.

I am sorry you were miserable and glad you can see my point about a second dress. I just can't see squashing everyone together at the dinner table because I taking up all the room. Then trying to hit the clubs/bar in a wedding dress...I think it will be a serious hassle. I'd take up about 3 stools..and no one could sit next to me and talk to me :(. We'd have to scream at each other from far away..haha.

Also, can you imagine the serious booty-bumping I'd do to ppl if I attempted to dance!:eek:

Archived