Kotor

MJ123

Any must see places in Kotor? Is shore excursion recommended, if so, which is the best alternatives?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

I visited Kotor last year with Seabourn.I did my usual thing and explored the town on foot and did not take a tour.it is the most beautiful town with great buildings and excellent cafe's and restaurants.The scenery is not to be missed as the ship sails into the harbour via a fjord.Croatia and Montenegro are some of the best places that I have visited in Europe.

We took the shore excursion to Sveti Stefan and Budva...I was not particularly thrilled with Sveti Stefan--picturesque but not all that interesting...But Budva was absolutely fabulous...We walked the walls of this medeival city and absolutely loved the place...just a charming town all the way around...I would recommend splitting your time between Kotor and Budva...whether you choose an excursion or try to get there on your own...Personally, I'd take the excursion...

Thanks for the responses. Is the town right next to where we dock? How far is Budva?

Thanks,

Kotor is at the "head" of a large inlet...The ship docks literally across the street from the main gate of the walled city...It's a fairly small town and you can get everywhere on foot...

Budva is on the coast approximately 40 kilometers south of Kotor...Takes about 45 minutes to get there.

I'm not sure why my post was pulled, as the original poster was appreciative....So here it is again!

On our personal website we have a video on

Kotor and Montenegro

We do have a Sights to See checklist for Kotor,

if you are interested in that I would be happy to email it to you.

Go to the link below and then into Our Next Adventure

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

We leave on April 30 and will return May 16th...shortly

after our return I will be posting photos and a trip report

Bon Voyage!

To Board Host..this is personal travel website with no advertising and not designed for commercial usage. Please check it out first before deleting this post!

We, too, greatly enjoyed the climb to the ruins of the old fortress above the city. Lovely views of the fjord and the rooftops below. It's a fairly good hike up - if you decide to go, try to start early in the morning while the temps are not too warm. Wear comfortable and sturdy shoes!

• 2 weeks later...

Dobar Dan from Croatia...

last week it took us 1,5 hours to get to Kotor. delays at border crossings going and returning and this is NOT high season...

only do Kotor from DBV on a ship sponsored shorex..

if porting in Kotor...it oozes charm..make sure you exit the north gate for fabulouse views

pictures will be posted after May 16th

Question for Steve Bruin. Also thanks where2next for your information. Steve you mentioned you went to Budva. We are on Insignia...Kotor....8-2 and have signed up for shore ex Budva and Kotor....4.5 hours. By going to Budva will we have time to also enjoy and explore Kotor. Thanks so much

Question for Steve Bruin. Also thanks where2next for your information. Steve you mentioned you went to Budva. We are on Insignia...Kotor....8-2 and have signed up for shore ex Budva and Kotor....4.5 hours. By going to Budva will we have time to also enjoy and explore Kotor. Thanks so much

Should have enough time...Kotor is literally steps from where the ship docks...Whatever time is left at the end of the shorex can be spent exploring Kotor on your own...

Archived