RCL's Shuttle - Port Canaveral to Orlando

Looking for information about RCL's shuttle service from Port Canaveral to Orlando airport.

DD and SIL are taking a 7 day onboard the Mariner in June. We are picking them up at the Orlando airport and spending a week in Cocoa Beach then dropping them off at the pier but when they return from their cruise, they will need transportation back to the Orlando airport. Any information/comments about RCL's shuttle service would be appreciated.

I have not actually used it at Port Canaveral, but have used RC's shuttle service back to the airport on several occasions. It works great - you just get off the ship and follow the signs for the transfer busses, give them your luggage and get on board. Your daughter can just call RC or her travel agent and buy a one way transfer from the pier to the airport. One hint though - she should make sure to get an email confirmation or something in writing to say she's paid - we weren't on the list last time we did this but we showed the bus driver our confirmation and he let us on.

We don't care much for the RCI transfers. It takes a long time because they wait to fill up the bus. There's a lot of luggage involved. And you're herded like cattle. In Port Canaveral we always use Art's Shuttle. There are other reliable shuttle companies there as well. They pick you up quickly and you're on your way.

I stopped using RC shuttle service too because of the long wait. A few times we were almost first on the bus and had to wait over an hour for the bus to fill up so that we could go to the port. We always find another way now to get from airport to ship and vice versa.

Yeah the RCCL transfers worked great last year down in San Juan for the Adventure OTS cruise. It was a pretty short ride down there. I'm eager to see how we turn out next month w/ Orlando over to Port-C since its about an hr. bus ride. I may have a different opinion after that. While were on the topic, what alternatives have some of ya'll used besides the RCCL transfers???

Thanks

We're using acecars@aol.com. It's going to be cheaper than rcl's transfer for the 4 of us and we'll be the only ones on the van

. I'll let you know how it was when we get back.

Yeah the RCCL transfers worked great last year down in San Juan for the Adventure OTS cruise. It was a pretty short ride down there. I'm eager to see how we turn out next month w/ Orlando over to Port-C since its about an hr. bus ride. I may have a different opinion after that. While were on the topic, what alternatives have some of ya'll used besides the RCCL transfers???

Thanks

We don't care much for the RCI transfers. It takes a long time because they wait to fill up the bus. There's a lot of luggage involved. And you're herded like cattle. In Port Canaveral we always use Art's Shuttle. There are other reliable shuttle companies there as well. They pick you up quickly and you're on your way.

Can you tell me how much the Art's Shuttle costs per person and if they are reliable for both pick up and return to airport??? What number do you call.

I think the price per person for the RCI shuttle is $65 roundtrip.

Thanks in advance

Can anyone tell me if a 11:25 am flight is doable from Port Canaveal? I know it's about an hours drive and I always get an afternoon flight but this is the only one besides a 7:50pm flight.

Can anyone tell me if a 11:25 am flight is doable from Port Canaveral? I know it's about an hours drive and I always get an afternoon flight but this is the only one besides a 7:50pm flight.

It's a very tight schedule. Personally I wouldn't attempt it, but then I don't like ending my vacation with a load of stress. If you are going to attempt it you'll definitely want to self deboard, i.e. take your luggage off yourself.

If you are renting a car I think it's chancy. If the rental car company shuttle is there when you exit the terminal maybe. In my experience this is rarely so and one has wait. You also have to factor in the time to take care of the paperwork and actually get the car. Personally I would add an extra half hour for a car rental. If you are going this route I'd suggest using a company that has their car drop-off in the terminal. If memory serves this isn't the case for all the companies - some of them involve a shuttle ride after you drop the car off, Enterprise and Hertz for example - see http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/rac.htm.

If you are using RCI transfers things can also get dicey since they typically wait for a full bus before leaving for the airport.

Look on the bright side. There are many things to do in Orlando. Extend your vacation by a couple of hours. Book the late flight, rent a car and go to Universal Studios or Disney World and spend a few bucks. The beach or NASA's Kennedy Space Center are also options. Have a nice early dinner and get to the airport by 6:45, or get to the airport early and have dinner there.

Last year we rented from Avis to return to MCO. We waited approx 30 min for the Avis shuttle. Once we got there they told us there were no mini vans available and we would have to wait for one to be returned. here was one group ahaead of us waiting for one as well. We waited 90 minutes until a minivan showed up, then had to wait for it to be cleaned. Luckily we had a 3:30 flight, we arrived at the airport at 2:00.

This time we are using Art's Shuttle for the return.

The times that we have used Art's Shuttle......we were the first off the ship......walked straight out to the waiting van at 8:00 AM and we were standing at the ticket counter in the airport at 8:45. An 11:25 flight would be very doable as long as there was no problem with the debarkation process. Anything can happen, though. I think we will have a noon flight in December. We always rent a car when we fly down a day ahead. That works very nicely at Port Canaveral. But the shuttle is a faster way to get to the airport after debarkation. (Not the RCI transfer, though)

In San Juan.....you should definitely take a taxi. Very easy, inexpensive, and fast......more cruise time for me! In most deparature ports I would recommend taking a taxi.

Can anyone tell me if a 11:25 am flight is doable from Port Canaveal? I know it's about an hours drive and I always get an afternoon flight but this is the only one besides a 7:50pm flight.

I'm getting off the Mariner on May 18th and I have an 11:50am flight. I'll let you know how I make out time wise. If I miss it the worst is I'll stay over another day lol.

Archived