Quicker Way To Get Platinum

lsp

I think it's unfair to get the same credit towards a Platinum for the longer cruises. It seems you should get at least 1/2 credit for the 12 day or more cruises. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I wrote a letter today to Carnival (not that it will probably due any good) asking about it. If anyone else is interested the address is: Carnival Cruise Lines, 10440 SW 48th. Street, Miami, Fl, 33165

I sent it to Passenger Relations if there is such a department. We have had 2 Conquest, 1 Glory, Freedom (12 day), Liberty (12 day), Splendor this August (12 day) and again next February...

Linda

I think it's unfair to get the same credit towards a Platinum for the longer cruises. It seems you should get at least 1/2 credit for the 12 day or more cruises.

Linda

Hi linda

Instead of a 12 day cruise, take Four 3 day cruises :D That will get you to platinum alot sooner, then when you hit platinum book your 12 dayer.

Or how about changing it to the amount of days you cruise?

Fred

RCL gives two credits, cant remember if its 12 or 13 days or more. They also give a second credit if you book a suite, so you can get as many as 3 cruise credits on one cruise, and it only takes 5 cruises to reach platinum. Diamond you get into the consierge lounge at night (I think) with free drinks and pupus. nice perk,

I think it's unfair to get the same credit towards a Platinum for the longer cruises. It seems you should get at least 1/2 credit for the 12 day or more cruises. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I wrote a letter today to Carnival (not that it will probably due any good) asking about it. If anyone else is interested the address is: Carnival Cruise Lines, 10440 SW 48th. Street, Miami, Fl, 33165

I sent it to Passenger Relations if there is such a department. We have had 2 Conquest, 1 Glory, Freedom (12 day), Liberty (12 day), Splendor this August (12 day) and again next February...

Linda

Hi Linda,

I totally agree with you.

By the way, I live in Miami and the address that you wrote on your post does not look right. That is a residential area with single family homes, no businesses whatsoever. Carnival Headquarters are on 87th. Avenue and N.W. 34th. Street. (You can look it up on the internet). They also have a second building in Broward County, but guest relations is housed in the Miami building.

Best Regards.:)

In the past, I don't imagine this was much of an issue, since Carnival did not have a lot of cruises more than 8 days.

With Carnival now offering more 12 day cruises, perhaps they will change this policy.

Maybe they could split off those that take the shorter cruise to stay platinum on the shorter cruises and those who take the longer ones have status on their cruises. The system they have now is not fair to those who like to take the longer cruises but to change now would be unfair to those who like the shorter cruises. I know if I had taken the same amount of cruises with RCCL I would be over 10 cruise credits, but with Carnival I am still just a past guest.

Or how about changing it to the amount of days you cruise?
I have been trying to suggest this as well!

I live too far away to go for several 3, 4 or 5 day cruises - so I generally take 7-8 day cruises I feel like I am being penalized - someone who takes 10 three day cruises (e.g. 30 days of cruising) gets their platinum status....and someone like me who may take 5 seven day cruises (e.g. 35 cruising days) does not!

I absolutely think the policy should be changed to number of days of cruising and not number of cruises in order for this to be equitable. Perhaps if we all lobby for this and/or mention it on our comment cards Carnival might listen?

Sounds like Platinum is sort of a carrot on a stick anyway...

(People on the boards being disapointed by first platinum cruise)

I am at 4 cruises myself one 3 day, two 4 day, one 7 day. But 3 of those have been in suites.... Sure I would love to get free laundry... I usually get VIP check in already. But I may do an inside for my next cruise. I am dying to try the Spendor, but the family is already booked for Alaska in 09.

What is worse is some cruise lines give you no credit for shorter cruises :eek:... (at least Cunard used to)...

But I think the most fair way would be totol number of days, with perhaps a bonus for suites. I wish I got credit for my cruises on Cunard and HAL as it is all Carinival Corp. Then I would be there.

Tom in Long Beach

On RCL I did a B2B out of Florida (and I live in Texas) to get two cruise credits instead of one because their benefits are worth it. I want that diamond $200 off the price of a balcony. The perks from Carnival frankly are just not that big of a deal that Id work harder to get them. I dont see the big deal. If they even gave free internet like Princess Id be happy, but Carnival doesnt give anything I care about.

I agree it should be based on total cruise days/nights. Most hotel programs are that way. I used to travel for work and would stay in some hotels for 3/4 weeks at a time. Now to stay 28 nights and say only get credit for 1 would upset me thats for sure. Hopefully you get some resolution from Carnival.

It's hard to come up with a perfect system, since in the end it doesn't much matter -- if you like cruising so much that you're going to become a platinum past guest, you'd be taking the cruises anyway - long or short, day credit or voyage credit.

The one that gets me riled is seeing young children with the gold and platinum benefits - I wish my parents had taken me on cruises! I'd like it more if there were an "under 18" version that resets to 0 when you become an adult, since you're not the one earning (paying for) the cruises until that point, most likely (yes, some "adults" are given vacations as gifts and such, but far fewer). Just a peeve of mine!

The Platinum program is 2-3 years old, if that. There was nothing before that. So they come up with a recognition plan and all you people bitch because they don't just give it to you. I qualified for Platinum years before there was a Platinum program. Should I whine and cry that they owe me something?

Gratitude, wonder when they'll remove that word from all dictionaries?

Dan

The Platinum program is 2-3 years old, if that. There was nothing before that. So they come up with a recognition plan and all you people bitch because they don't just give it to you. I qualified for Platinum years before there was a Platinum program. Should I whine and cry that they owe me something?

Dan

Yep..I think if it rained $10 bills some would complain " Why couldnt it have rained $20's

It's hard to come up with a perfect system, since in the end it doesn't much matter -- if you like cruising so much that you're going to become a platinum past guest, you'd be taking the cruises anyway - long or short, day credit or voyage credit.

Amen! I'm not cruising to reach platinum status - I just love cruising!

Dan

From the tone of your post, they've already deleted "grace". Perhaps they'll soon get to "gratitude". ;)

do we less than 7dayers on CCL get grand fathered in?..how many days..25?--got it...35?..got that too...50? mor'n'at here..at least on CCL....years on others b4 they started counting, and a closet full of gifties anyway. From no longer lines even. It is what it is. I'll keep on cruzen, long as I can...BTW, RCL dosent care how long my cruzes are. long as I keep sailing with them too

That would be perfect and certainly more fair.

Kinda doubt the 3 day cruisers would agree with that.

The program is a cruise is a cruise is a cruise. Simple, straightforward. Disagreement just signifies a selfish interest in "something for nothing."

Easy for me, I'm Platinum! he he he...........

And Halos, that 100% is not directed at you.

Dan

I agree we took a 12 day cruise and it only counts as one. So if a 3 or 4 day counts as one, 12 should be 3 and my 2 eights would be 4. LOL

ANd I would be at 9 and only 1 to go.

Kinda doubt the 3 day cruisers would agree with that.

The program is a cruise is a cruise is a cruise. Simple, straightforward. Disagreement just signifies a selfish interest in "something for nothing."

Easy for me, I'm Platinum! he he he...........

And Halos, that 100% is not directed at you.

Dan

LOL..I guess the 3 day cruisers wouldn't agree now would they?? Dang, that 15 day I took last Nov could have given me the equivalent of FIVE 3 day cruises. ;)

*sigh*

It's OK, I'll stick with longer cruises and just have to bide my time.....;)

I hate getting off a ship after only three days....getting to Platinum quicker isn't worth the pain of a short cruise. :p

Everybody and their friends , neighbors and relatives should all be Platinum, then they can do away with the program, because it won't matter anymore. Just a different line. Its already started, with the amount of people Platinum and in suites. The places they have for VIP won't hold that amount of people.

Archived