Diapers for sale Liberty of Seas shops?

money lady

Going on an Eastern Carib sailing with Liberty of Seas on saturday with our 4month old son. Does anyone know if the shops on board sell diapers? I cannot remember seeing them before in the shops but having been without kids before, I don't think I ever really looked!!

Also, does anyone know of any laundromats in San Juan or St Martin? Trying to cut down on packing!!

Thanks All!!!

I really don't remember seeing diapers in the shop on FOS. And they both pretty much carry the same merchandise. I always took one suitcase filled with diapers. Then by the end of the cruise, we had an extra suitcase to bring home souvenirs.

Sorry, I don't know about the laundromats.

Do you really want to spend your vacation in a laundromat? With a four month old?? Send laundry to the ship's cleaners. It's just not that expensive. Bring all the diapers you think you will need; never count on being able to find the ones you want.

No matter what cruise line I have been on, I have never seen diapers for sale in the on board shops. Now, at some of the port stops, they there are KMarts or WalMarts close to the ports. St. Thomas has a KMart very close to Havensight. But always, take on board what you will need for you little one. No guarantee that the ships stores will have any med or diaper that your little one will need.

Believe me, you DO NOT want to go to the neighborhoods where the locals do their laundry. NOT SAFE by any means. Either hand wash your things or send them out. You are going to waste tons of precious time going to a local laundramat to do your stuff.

I recall seeing diapers on Vision of the Seas but they were an unfamiliar, very generic brand and I seem to remember it was something like $7 for 10 of them! They only had one size too, and only a few packages.

We find that laying individual diapers flat, about 3 deep, in the front pockets of our suitcases works wonderfully well. Use a zip-tie (or even a twist tie) to close the pocket so it doesn't accidentally come open in transit. You'd be amazed at how many diapers you can fit that way and it doesn't really take any extra room. It might be an option for you, otherwise I strongly second the suggestion to devote one suitcase to diapers and use it for souvenirs and goodies you collect along the way.

Good luck.

Archived