Do windows open?

covkid

Thinking of booking an ouside cabin on the Miracle which has the large picture window, doe this open?

I doubt it opens, but I do have a suggestion... Try to get a "Partially obstructed" balcony room. They are cheaper than an unobstructed, and you still get a balcony. If you look down, there is a lifeboat under you and not the ocean, but looking straight out, you see the ocean just fine, (if that makes sense). We had room 5190, and my parents had room 5188. I prefered their room (5188). Check on that cabin... I think you will be pleased for the amount you are spending... :)

Only way windows open is with a brick or a wave pushed by a Force 5 gale.

If you want outside air, you need a balcony.

I was going to suggest the same thing. A balcony is the way to go. The OP will love it.

99% of them do not open. There are some older cruise ships that do have some port hole windows that open but they are usally in a floor that water is not able to get in by a wave.

Which ship has port holes that open?? Iv never heard of that. Im curious which ship this is on. Iv had port holes on Ecstasy, a Fantasy class, you mean there are some on older ships than Ecstasy even? Like Holiday?

Which ship has port holes that open?? Iv never heard of that. Im curious which ship this is on. Iv had port holes on Ecstasy, a Fantasy class, you mean there are some on older ships than Ecstasy even? Like Holiday?

I'm sorry outside of Carnival I meant. Like the MS Discovery and Imperial Majesty out of Ft Lauderdale that does quick bahamas run..

Our daughters had a 5A on Miracle last year. Its obstructed view, not a balcony, that has french doors that open. It was less expensive then obstructed view balcony and ocean view. There wasn't much view, but they thought the fresh air was great.

Our daughters had a 5A on Miracle last year. Its obstructed view, not a balcony, that has french doors that open. It was less expensive then obstructed view balcony and ocean view. There wasn't much view, but they thought the fresh air was great.

Can someone explain these cabins to me? The doors open - where do they lead to? Not being funny here - really curious. Is it a shared space or something?

Can someone explain these cabins to me? The doors open - where do they lead to? Not being funny here - really curious. Is it a shared space or something?

They have french doors that open with a railing directly in front of the doors. Kinda like a romeo and Juliet balcony so to speak.........

No real balcony no shared space. But they do have lifeboats in front of the doors..........that's why they are called obstructed views.....

I doubt it........but you could try the gift shop. They seem to carry just about everything else.

Yes, but it will cost you!:eek:

Ok, how come when I asked this question a couple of months ago I got made fun of and the op isn't? LOL:D

LOL I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they just knew you could take it! :cool:

Ok, how come when I asked this question a couple of months ago I got made fun of and the op isn't? LOL:D

If it makes you feel any better, start another thread and we won't make fun of you:p

Archived