Sad news

snoops

One facet of Carnival that has set them apart is the Funnel Decks, the top deck aft (just under the funnel, go figure).

Traditionally they have been tops optional. Consequently they never are crowded, and there are no kids yelling, screaming and splashing. My wife and I went up there frequently, never had trouble finding lounges, and avoided the full-body-contact tanning on the lounges jammed together by the pool.

It also was a good (and pretty interesting) way to meet the dancers.

And before you rush to judgment about Mrs. Snoops, please note we're talking tops optional, not topless.

With the advent of the deck refurbishment (water park, etc.) on the Fantasy class ships, the Funnel Decks no longer were tops optional.

I just found out yesterday that they've removed the tops optional decks from all the Carnival ships.

They're creating adults-only "quiet zones" on the Fantasy class, I'll bet they'll do that on the other ships as well.

Carnival Corp. sister line Princess also has adults-only areas (and we're not talking tops optional, just quiet adult areas), and my understanding is they charge $20/person to use them for four hours.

What a surprise, Carnival Corp. found another way to make a profit center out of a passenger amenity.

One facet of Carnival that has set them apart is the Funnel Decks, the top deck aft (just under the funnel, go figure).

Traditionally they have been tops optional. Consequently they never are crowded, and there are no kids yelling, screaming and splashing. My wife and I went up there frequently, never had trouble finding lounges, and avoided the full-body-contact tanning on the lounges jammed together by the pool.

It also was a good (and pretty interesting) way to meet the dancers.

And before you rush to judgment about Mrs. Snoops, please note we're talking tops optional, not topless.

With the advent of the deck refurbishment (water park, etc.) on the Fantasy class ships, the Funnel Decks no longer were tops optional.

I just found out yesterday that they've removed the tops optional decks from all the Carnival ships.

They're creating adults-only "quiet zones" on the Fantasy class, I'll bet they'll do that on the other ships as well.

Carnival Corp. sister line Princess also has adults-only areas (and we're not talking tops optional, just quiet adult areas), and my understanding is they charge $20/person to use them for four hours.

What a surprise, Carnival Corp. found another way to make a profit center out of a passenger amenity.

I just got off the Inspiration a few weeks ago. She was the first of the Fantasy Class ships to receive the upgrades that include the Serenity Area. There is no charge to use the area that includes two large hot tubs. No one under 21 is allowed.

The area has very soothing music piped in and is an oasis of calm in the normally amped up atmosphere of the cruise.

I see it as a big plus, no negatives at all.

I just got off the Inspiration a few weeks ago. She was the first of the Fantasy Class ships to receive the upgrades that include the Serenity Area. There is no charge to use the area that includes two large hot tubs. No one under 21 is allowed.

The area has very soothing music piped in and is an oasis of calm in the normally amped up atmosphere of the cruise.

I see it as a big plus, no negatives at all.

Mach - Were there ever any kids in the area?

I'm glad to see that they arent charging to use these adults-only areas...that would be totally ridiculous in my opinion..I wonder....do they really enforce the over 21 rule? Hope so :)

Yes, they certainly do. In fact, I saw a couple younger folks, teenagers, turned away and here's the reason:

IMG_0913.jpg

Great idea!

Will Miracle have this?:D

Actually it would be better if they made it 30 or older. ;)

The adult pool area on the Legend was completely overrun with rowdy spring breakers on my cruise. Then main pools were more peaceful. :rolleyes:

Actually it would be better if they made it 30 or older. ;)

The adult pool area on the Legend was completely overrun with rowdy spring breakers on my cruise. Then main pools were more peaceful. :rolleyes:

So I guess I don't have to worry about my 20 year old DD being denied access to the adult pool next month on the Legend?

So I guess I don't have to worry about my 20 year old DD being denied access to the adult pool next month on the Legend?

My experience is the rule on the Legend is there are no rules. They really need a new Hotel Manager and Maitre d'.

What is Carnival doing to me???

Here I have spent good money to buy the "bigma" zoom lens for my camera!!!! The bigma is a 50 - 500 mm zoom lens that really brings things in "close up". My plan has been thwarted!!!:(

I guess I will be shooting whales and wildlife for real now. That was the excuse I used in order to buy this lens! Now the perks of having this lens are gone. Awwww, shucks!

Now I will have to save up for a trip to St. Tropaz, or Cannes or someplace like that! Hmmm.....not a bad idea either. How do I sell this to my DW???:D

(all in jest)

Lee

I guess I will be shooting whales and wildlife for real now.

Depending on when you went up to the F deck, you might have actually been right. :eek:

Oh please tell me they didn't take away the scenery! Sometimes was better than others, but was always a great "alternate route" to take from the buffett to get back to the rest of the group in lounge chairs. Oh, sorry - got lost for a minute. Finally found you again..... :rolleyes:

I didn't even see that deck listed in the deck pland for the Splendor, but then again don't recall seeing it on deck plans for other ships either...

Mach, when were you on the Inpirations? I was there 2/11.

The 21 area is great and never saw a kid make it in. Wish I could say the same for the aft area on the Triumph, which was 'geared" to adults. Yea right with the babies in the pool:eek:

Mach, when were you on the Inpirations? I was there 2/11.

The 21 area is great and never saw a kid make it in. Wish I could say the same for the aft area on the Triumph, which was 'geared" to adults. Yea right with the babies in the pool:eek:

April 3 - 7.

It really is a great, quiet area... no kids at all. Lots of folks relaxing, sunning and just hanging out in the hot tubs...

I think it was 14 months ago that this change went into effect. I have heard some people still take the top option but the area can be viewed from the mini golf area.

You know, I thought this would be an issue, but I could not see the topless are from the mini golf at all.

Anyone back from Destiny recently? Are the canvas rail covers still in place? It would be great if folks are still exercising tops optional. On my last cruise I used the funnel deck to sport my alternative (pronounced-especially brief) swim attire and would like to exercise this option again.

Repsol

Archived