What to pack for DH for 2 week med cruise

leela14

Thanks to everyone here, I've finally completed MY packing list, and now on to DH.

How many pairs of pants do you think I should pack for him? We are going on NCL, so he can go pretty casual which he loves - no suit and tie for him - the only formal night is optional.

I'm thinking 6 pairs of Dockers style pants + the jeans he is going to wear on the plane and a pair of dressier pants for the optional formal night. Does this sound like enough for a 13 night cruise? I think he will end up wearing pants on most of the excursions vs. shorts, which don't seem to be too popular in Europe. I'll throw in a couple of pairs of shorts for the pool though.

What do you think - does that sound like enough?

THANKS!

For a European NCL cruise that sounds right; plan to wear docker style pants twice with cotton or knit shirts in the evening and on shore trips especially where you will be going into Cathedrals and almost mandatory at the Vatican. I find jeans too heavy and warm for Summer time wear in Europe, but that is up to you. If he must have jeans, then wearing them is best with 50 lbs weight restrictions on luggage on planes. Bring just 2 belts (wear one) and 3 pairs of shoes wear sneakers, evening dress loafers or shoes and a day time casual loafer, boat shoe or sandals. Not knowing where (to) or when you sail, do plan on some warm days and ports of call. Layering is often best. Don't forget a hat for both of you.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

We are doing a Western Med the last 2 weeks of May. He'll wear jeans on the plane over and back, so they won't be packed, and he can wear them around Barcelona as well - we are flying in a day early.

I'm not sure what kind of hat for him, he usually wears baseball caps, which seem to be a no-no in Europe, and every other hat he's tried on has made him look like a ****. :p Any suggestions on hats? Pictures would be good.

THANKS!

My DH packs microfiber slacks for Europe and mostly Nike DriFit shirts. The slacks are generally golf brands like Ping and the DriFits come in great styles and colors. These choices do not wrinkle, are very comfortable, look great and can be easily washed out or cleaned. He is not the Dockers or jeans type so these options work well for him.

He packed 4 pair of slacks for 2 weeks in Italy and about 6 short sleeve DriFits and then a few long sleeve shirts for evenings. It was a land trip.

Leela had to laugh at your -----bleep! I totally got the message though. I have been bugging my DH to get his list going, I can't pack things until he does.

I want to mix his and mine between bags, just in case one gets lost we both will have some things. But, he is not the least bit concerned or in a hurry! One bag is now at 37lbs, so there is still some room to go. But, I have not really put in some other items.

I know he is taking 2 pr of jeans, he just bought them and he does plan to bring one suit for dinner to wear. He mentioned his khaki travel slacks but I do not know how many pr he has or is bringing. He did plan to bring deck shoes, dress shoes, his walking shoes, one pr of loafers and tennis shoes. He most likely will travel in one pr of these. I have no clue what he plans for shirts???? As for hats, all he wears are baseball style caps too, and I doubt I can talk him into anything other.

Good luck on your packing. I am still trying to get mine all figured out.

Cindy

Archived