Don't forget anything in your cabin!!!

This is a totally serious question, broberts:

Where should they keep these plastic bags?

I'll amend my suggestion from plastic bags to paper.

As to your question, perhaps the marked bags could be off-loaded and stored in a small section of the baggage warehouse. I would not envisage keeping things for very long. Perhaps on turnaround day the previous load could be disposed of in the present manner, to make room for the new influx.

For most cruises this would mean that items would be kept for a week. (It seems likely to me that anyone who forgot something of personal value would notice it within 48 hours.)

Taking the idea a step further and at a small additional cost, room stewards could be provided with preprinted bar coded labels on sheets. Then they would simply have to peel off the appropriate label and stick it on the bag - perhaps they could use a laundry bag. The bags could be scanned at some point which would allow for a database query should someone call to ask if anything had been turned in.

I would think it reasonable if the cruise line charged a small fee, plus any shipping, to those wanting their 'bag' sent to them. Hopefully the fee would offset some of the cost of running the program.

Maybe people should be more responsible and double and triple check. I do not think that RCCL should have to take care of lost personal property. I have left things behind and I just blame myself and forget about it.

Guest scfjjb
Here is my trick for never forgetting anything on a trip:

Ask DH and kids if they are sure they have packed everything.

Now, methodically go through the room, including bathroom, tub, cabinets, drawers, shake out sheets, look under bed, sofa, chairs, look in closet, feel around that top shelf you cannot see because you are too short, look behind doors, open up anything that is openable, look up at ceiling, look in trashbin, look behind pillows on sofa, sort through pile of magazines on table, look in fridge, look in microwave, check safe.

Now, you may exit the premises.

Also - look under all bedcovers & sheets! The departing chaos has caught me on this one.

Ive never left anything on a cruise ship...but I hope to take many more,so maybe there is still time! :D

But, I did leave an overnight bag sitting beside my car in the parking lot of the Mariage Hotel in Las Vegas..hubby had asked me if I wanted it in the trunk, and I said no, I want in the car as I would need things for the trip back home...we both thought each other had put the bag inside the car. About 30 mins away from the hotel on our way back to Louisiana, I noticed the bag was missing. To make a long story short, we went back to the hotel and reported the bag, and then made the long drive home..I was VERY upset as at the bottom of my makeup bag was my Emerald/Diamond ring worth about $4000. A few days later, I opened my front door, and there was my a box from UPS and everything in my bag! Right down to the packaged banana nut bread muffins I had purchased before leaving the hotel! I LOVE that hotel and whoever turned my bag in !! :) Dot

Ive never left anything on a cruise ship...but I hope to take many more,so maybe there is still time! :D

But, I did leave an overnight bag sitting beside my car in the parking lot of the Mariage Hotel in Las Vegas..hubby had asked me if I wanted it in the trunk, and I said no, I want in the car as I would need things for the trip back home...we both thought each other had put the bag inside the car. About 30 mins away from the hotel on our way back to Louisiana, I noticed the bag was missing. To make a long story short, we went back to the hotel and reported the bag, and then made the long drive home..I was VERY upset as at the bottom of my makeup bag was my Emerald/Diamond ring worth about $4000. A few days later, I opened my front door, and there was my a box from UPS and everything in my bag! Right down to the packaged banana nut bread muffins I had purchased before leaving the hotel! I LOVE that hotel and whoever turned my bag in !! :) Dot

Dang, guess I should have used spell check!!! Im sure the Mirage would love me to learn to spell! :rolleyes: :D

Archived