Taking a steam while on RCI...

That's funny. When we were on the Majesty almost a year ago, that steam room was out of order and had been for a few weeks.

I wonder if it ever works.

They did before the rehab. The shower area is the one area that is actually worse after refurb. It went from 3 showers and a dry and wet sauna to one shower and wet only for the steam (although a little nicer than the pod before).

The dry sauna was nice on the old Majesty and if you have someone in the shower that takes a long time, you have to wait now. The doors also, oddly, opened inward which I thought might be a safety concern. If someone passed out and fell against the door, you might not be able to open it from outside to help out.

The area feels 'built for one', for the most part. One toilet, one sink (I think), one shower and one wet sauna (could fit two comfortably or maybe three friends).

Wholeheartedly agree with you, CP3o...the Majesty steam & sauna facilities were sooo much nicer prior to the renovation. They do now seem "built for one". (And the tiny steam room NEVER WORKS.)

Prior to the refurbishment and several years back, when the Majesty sailed 7-night Caribbean cruises, her facililities would have been fine. The steam room (or wet sauna, as you call it) was tiny, though; I think it sat 4 VERY tightly, lol. The dry sauna, on the other hand, was more spacious. Oh well...that was the past.

Now, these facilities are "ruined", but I am hopeful this ship & her two older "sisters" will be leaving the fleet sooner than later. Imagine a Voyager-class ships sailing the 3 & 4 night cruises out of Miami... I WOULD BE ON IT every other month! LOL!

Any loyal RCI folks sail also sail Princess and are familiar with the Emerald Princess spa facilities? I'm booked on the Ruby Princess this December and have heard their facilities should be quite similar.

Interesting thread...

I'm going on Radiance and have heard nice things about their gym/sauna/steam room.

I'm not thrilled about the coed thermal suite though, I much prefer the mens and womens separated, as I am sure most do. If it is coed, I may just forego the extra cost, was going to sign up, as the upgrade spa on my last cruise Summit was amazing!

SexyAznBoy,

The steam and sauna on the Radiance is very nice. The sauna probably has more seating room than the steam, but they are both fine. You will really like the shower cubicles as well. The Radiance and the Serenade were very similar.

Let me know how it goes for you.

:D

Last time I was on the Grandeur (3 years ago) there was never anyone in the steam rooms. I was the only guy there, enjoyed it every day for 1/2 hour or so. Also enjoyed the really large showers. I used those every day after exercising in the morning and the evening. Much nicer than the smaller showers in the rooms, I am 290 lbs 6ft3inches tall and do not like intimate shower curtains, lol.

Yes! I always shave in the steam room. It is so easy to do....even without lather.

I'm pretty sure the policy is no shaving in the steam room, for sanitary reasons. At least that's how it is at the steam room in ballys

I have stayed away from them for about 7 years now. On a voyager cruise their were some "Friendly Guys" in there. They kept hitting on me both times I was in there. I have not gone back since.

I have stayed away from them for about 7 years now. On a voyager cruise their were some "Friendly Guys" in there. They kept hitting on me both times I was in there. I have not gone back since.

Perhaps you've met Imurf and don't even know it... :D ;) :eek:

Now, GMoney, your comment was really inappropriate.

:mad:

Well, I beg to differ, given the subtext of your previous comments. One might say you opened the door. But perhaps we could appeal to the moderators...

Do you need to be using the spa services (massage, facial, etc.) in order to use the steam room/sauna and showers? Are you free to go in any time? Do you need to check in with the spa receptionist? This sounds wonderful and I would like to do it on our upcoming Navigator cruise. Thanks!

Well, I beg to differ, given the subtext of your previous comments. One might say you opened the door. But perhaps we could appeal to the moderators...

Actually, it was RCCLRules who mentioned about the friendly guys. I wasn't sure what he was talking about until you made your insuation. I think you read something into comments that simply wasn't there.

To me, friendly means friendly, not what you are proposing.

Actually, it was RCCLRules who mentioned about the friendly guys. I wasn't sure what he was talking about until you made your insuation. I think you read something into comments that simply wasn't there.

Well, I beg to differ, given the subtext of your previous comments. One might say you opened the door.

Well, I beg to differ, given the subtext of your previous comments. One might say you opened the door.

I think you read something into comments that simply wasn't there.

To be fair to GMONEY, from your past posts in this thread and others, you were insinuating something more than friendly.. a little double intendre.....JMHO.....:cool:

I respect your right to an opinion, but we will have to agree to disagree on my perception of your motives.

Archived