best mexican riviera cruise

nicrang

I would like to hear from anyone who has done Mexican Riviera cruise/s with young children.We will be two families travelling together childrens ages 3,4 & 8.Which has best childrens facilities?Has everyone with children found free dining times better than set dining?Are there any ships where we can get joining rooms?Looking at 5/7 nights.Thanks.

We sailed the Golden Princess in October. My son (6 at the time) loved their kids program. He even turned down watching Spiderman 3 in the theater (which he loved) to do the kids program. There were even times when he preferred to eat with the kids. I would think anytime dining times would be easier. We have done both, late and anytime and they both worked for us. (My DS is pretty flexible). We are doing the early seating this time. I will see the difference and then make my decision for the next cruise. I am always up to trying anything once and thank God my DS is the same way.

I would like to hear from anyone who has done Mexican Riviera cruise/s with young children.We will be two families travelling together childrens ages 3,4 & 8.Which has best childrens facilities?Has everyone with children found free dining times better than set dining?Are there any ships where we can get joining rooms?Looking at 5/7 nights.Thanks.

Carnival or RCCL have year round 7 day trips with good child facilities. You'll be happy with either. I would generally recommend RCCL although the Vision doesn't have the same level of facilities that their more modern ships do. RCCL will be sending a Voyager class ship to California but this isn't until 2009 (I think).

Once kids turn 3, Princess is my favorite. (We've done Princess & Carnival). I much prefer set dining when cruising with kids - it makes a big difference to have the same waiters each night who are ready with my kids' favorites, their drinks on the table, and most everything (glasses, knives, etc.) cleared away when we arrive. It's nice not starting over with a new waiter each evening.

I actually think Carnival has the better kids program, and the better buffet, but since my girls have fun on both and we don't eat at the buffet, since mommy prefers Princess, that's what we choose. We're taking our 5th Mex. Riviera cruise together in October (my twins are 3-1/2).

Best,

Mia

Once kids turn 3' date=' Princess is my favorite. (We've done Princess & Carnival). I much prefer set dining when cruising with kids - it makes a big difference to have the same waiters each night who are ready with my kids' favorites, their drinks on the table, and most everything (glasses, knives, etc.) cleared away when we arrive. It's nice not starting over with a new waiter each evening.

I actually think Carnival has the better kids program, and the better buffet, but since my girls have fun on both and we don't eat at the buffet, since mommy prefers Princess, that's what we choose. We're taking our 5th Mex. Riviera cruise together in October (my twins are 3-1/2).

Best,

Mia[/quote']

We are doing our first Carnival cruise in 45 days :D . Good to know Carnival has a good kids program.

Another vote for Princess here. We have been on Carnival, RCCL and Princess on Mexico cruises and we find that Princess has the best kids program of the three. Both of my kids (8 and 14) would tell you that Princess is their favorite. I also think that the food on Princess is superior to Carnival and RCCL. We like the Anytime Dining choice that Princess offers as well. For us the flexibility is really important as depending on shore excursions and other activities I find being forced to dine at the same time each day way too restrictive, especially with kids. Plus with Anytime Dining we have met other great families onboard and can choose to set up shared dinners with them. We would never have that option with traditional dining.

We were on the DP Nov 2006 Mex Riv cruise and we all just loved it :) Anytime dining worked so well for us, our 14 year old loved the Teen Center and by the look of the happy faces over at the Kids Camp, the younger set were enjoying their cruises as well.

We were on a NCL cruise in 2005 aqnd I swore I'd never cruise again.....thank goodness my husband convinced me to try another line. 2009 I would like to try RCC or Celebrity.

We are looking at the Mexican Riveria on NCl next spring, prices were better than anyone else. We have no experience with NCL though, only Carnival. I am looking forward to eating in the dining room whenever, as some times we just couldn't get everyone ready for dinner at assigned time on Carnival - we didn't want to keep our tablemates waiting if we were late - so we skipped it a few times. We are currently debating which room to book. Anxious to try a new line.

When are you thinking of going? I can give more specific help on ships and adjoining rooms if I know. Both RC and CCL and switchin their ships for the 7 day cruise next year. Royal will have the Mariner. which is a large ship with rock wall, ice skating , gold etc. Carnival will have the Splendor which is also a large ship, brand new!!!

We have a Nov 2008 short cruise booked for now, but really want to switch to a Nov 09 7day. I love Mazalan and PV for kids. We are traveling with 3 kids, so I have done a lot of research on adjoining rooms for the Rivera. Let me know if I can help

Archived