Inside cabin turned sideways

• 11 months later...

I was in one on NCL Dawn, only 145 sq ft, so every square inch counted! The advantage in the sideways cabin is that there is no "hall" after you open the corridor door. You are right in the room, at the foot of the bed. The cabin slept 4 but we had only 2 and it was fine for 2.

The disadvantage is that the twins cannot be put together as a queen (O I'm sure it CAN be done, but not for best cabin function). There was a trundle bed under the bed by the door and one pullman over the other twin. I've seen a photo of the 3 floor beds arranged so that it was not wall to wall beds when you had 4 in the room. Just tell your steward to switch it if you have a gang. Closet space for 4 would be terrible unless it was a very short cruise.

We were next to a sideways cabin which looked smaller than regular cabins, more square. I wouldnt have wanted it. It looked normal size on the deck plans but seeing it in person, it was not a desirable cabin. The folks said it was fine, they got it as a free upgrade from a 4A. If I had paid for a 4E I wouldnt have been happy.

I have also been in a sideways cabin and the rocking motion from head to toe I didnt like as much as side to side. I prefer not sideways cabins with the beds in the regular position.

PS the sideways cabin I saw was on Ecstasy and as the above mentioned, the beds could not be moved, there wasnt room. Deck 6 near the elevator was the cabin I saw that sits sideways.

For the record, search is not down. It's been working really well for weeks now. Just use "advanced search" and be sure your key words aren't too broad or too narrow, select thread titles, and just the board(s) you want to search.

I was in U99 on Fascination in December. While I love inside cabins, I will never pick one of those again, as there was a horrible "whump whump whump" sound over the bed next to the "window" that made my ears hurt terribly. It was like when you're driving at high speeds, and you have one car window down about an inch, and the air pressure starts thumping.

At least it does in my ears.

Whether this was an issue in other cabins, I don't know. I suspect we may have been located near an A/C unit in the space between the cabins. I didn't contact the purser's desk since the ship was full and knew there was no where to be moved.

As for the layout, there were cabins along our hallway that had the beds together (I sail with DD, so that isn't necessary for us. In fact, having the beds separate gives much more space, as on that class ship, the beds are not side-by-side).

2997349790102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

2166050190102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived