AVALON Cruises between Budapest & Nuremberg?

MSEm

Does anyone know how much the lock problems are effecting the AVALON Danube Cruises between Budapest and Nurember?

If you begin in Budapest where do you board the vesse?

Is Avalon using a hotel in Nuremberg? Is so which one and where?

Thanks for any information on the locks.

Emily

As far as the locks go, give your cruise date and Steamboats can advise. If you are on the Budapest to Prague, the pre cruise is usually at the Intercontintal Hotel, and the embarkation is on the Danube not far from there. Nuremberg is just a stop for touring, and then they transfer by Coach to Prague

for post cruise at the Prague Hilton. Hope this helps. Steamboats is the River expert and great with information.

I will be on the Avalon Artistry. We are to board the river vessel on June 22 in Budapest and leave the river vessel in Nuremburg. From reading other threads it appears that the locks are blocked at Regensberg.

Viking is bussing people to Nuremburg and overnighting in a hotel. Is Avalon bussing people to Nuremburg?

Emily

Something is going on with Avalon. We are being moved from the tranquility to the Imagery. has any one heard.

janet

The Imagery and The Tranquility are exactly alike,both being new in 2007.I don't know what cruise you are on but Avalon will have ships going both ways at the same time and if the way is blocked they will just switch you to the other ship and than you continue on your way and the passengers on the other ship do the same.I don't really know the answer to your question but this is a possibility.We cruised Budapest to Amsterdam last summer with Avalon and it was wonderful.

I got the info from them today. Apparently the water level is very high. Even though the two ships are similar the Imagery can take on more water so they are switching ships. I have a feeling there are going to be issues somewhere. Oh well it is an adventure.

Archived