Manicures

Saphire

How do you make your manicure last a whole week while on your cruise? Any recommendations for a good product to apply a few times throughout the week to keep it looking great? I get a manicure maybe twice a year and my hands work hard and it never lasts more than five days. But I am going on a seven day cruise! Any advice would be appreciated. :)

I would recommend going to the nail spa half way through th cruise if you feel the need to get your nails touched up. Look for the specials on the daily newsletters. I usually get my nails done the day before the cruise or day of our travel, and they last about three weeks, so maybe if you went for a manicure a little more often it would help. Have a wonderful time on your cruise! :)

I do my own nails, so I just bring remover and the needed polishes!!! It doesn't take long to re-do them.

Mine will last at least 5 days looking great--but the sun will fade out the colors (if you use colored polish), so beware of that! Several clear topcoats will make your manicure last much longer than normal.

If I use playtex gloves to wash the dishes, my manicure lasts over a week. Of course, I'm not doing dishes on the cruise! But I will be swimming so I'll bring my polish for touch ups or a redo. I have my manicure appt set already for the day before the cruise. :D I'm not big on spending cruise time having a manicure. Now pedicures last quite awhile so I don't expect that to be a problem at all.

Hi,

I'm a nurse, so my hand are always being washed. I always get my mani/pedicure the day before we sail. I bring a really good clear polish/hardener with me so I can put an extra coat on every day of the cruise. I usually get the french mani/pedi because it goes with every outfit and looks great. A great alternative is to get french tips. They are the nails that have the 2 colors already built in. SO easy! Keep putting on the clear coat and you should be fine...

Be well!

Laurie:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always pay a visit to the nail salon for a spa pedicure and pink and white fill the day before we cruise. I always take my own polish for the pedicure because this way, I can bring the bottle with me in case I need a touch up.

• 5 weeks later...
How do you make your manicure last a whole week while on your cruise? Any recommendations for a good product to apply a few times throughout the week to keep it looking great? I get a manicure maybe twice a year and my hands work hard and it never lasts more than five days. But I am going on a seven day cruise! Any advice would be appreciated. :)

I had my first manicure the day before our June 4th cruise. I added a coat of the hard as nails product that night and then one during the 9 day cruise. Mine last 2 weeks.

Archived