Motion Sickness and Double Vision

cburger100

We just returned from a SeaDream from SJU round trip. While there was motion, it was a very nice cruise. The day we were disembarking my DH ate some cottage Cheese, yogurt, and came back to the cabin. He immediately complained of dizziness, and I gave him a baby aspirin. The whole day traveling back, he had double vision.

I was really worried as double vision can be a sign of other things. One of our friends offered a dramamine. We made it home by 9 pm, and he still could not see right. He took another aspirin and in the AM he had full recovery of his sight.

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced motion sickness to this degree? Thanks!

My sister has the same challenge, she gets blurry or double vision each time she gets motion sickness and it remains for 24 hours or so after the rest of her body has recovered

She was actually hospitalized the first time as they were worried it was stroke..it was not and her doctor gave her a battery of nuero tests and she passed them all

She tends to get proactive with sea sickness now, swears by the sea bands and has not had a bout of this in ten years or so

Hi cburger100,

My DH battled a horrible case of motion sickness our first day aboard SD2 a couple of weeks ago. It was so bad we had to have the ship's doctor give him in injection for it.

I asked him if he experienced any vision problems. He didn't know because he had to keep his eyes closed. Everytime he opened them, he had to run to the bathroom to vomit. :eek: :)

We also got off the same cruise as Cammiem. We spent two days on land in Barbados before coming home. When we got home for the next several days we were all experiencing rocking motion. On top of that I had severe chest and throat pain------heart attack/heart burn???? Dont know but I was pretty scared. I keep thinking it was the aftermath of the motion on the ship. After two days where I couldnt eat anything it went away as fast as it came. So I guess every body reacts to motion sickness in different ways.

Thank you this makes me feel better. Actually he is doing fine now, but what a scare yesterday. Everytime I go on Sea Dream, I've learned to take a Zantac before I eat. Their sauces and "other Libations" are so good, my tummy goes crazy!

Archived