Crown-Cabins P206-211

Lynda90

We have stayed on the Plaza deck on Grand-class ships before, and we will be on the Plaza for 20 days next year aboard the Emerald. It is a very convenient and pleasant deck to be on...close to the dining rooms and the International Cafe.

Either cabin will give you a great view out over the water. If I had to pick one over the other, I guess I would select the 211....since the other is across from the self-serve laundry room, and it is slightly more foreward.

• 5 years later...
One last cabin question. Has anyone stayed in P206-211 and if so, any comments, good, bad? Thanks again for your help.

Emerald Princess Cabin P206 (Oceanview, unobstructed)

Small and Noisy

We wanted to try a cabin on the Plaza deck, anticipating the convenience of proximity to the International Café and coffee bar. The location is excellent, but the cabin left much to be desired.

The space in Plaza 206 is smaller than usual, allowing for one night stand beside the bed with the other side of the bed pushed up against the wall. This required one person to scoot from the bottom of the bed to get in and out, and left that person without a night light for reading.

The smallness of the cabin is not the biggest problem; the noise level was. The first day when we arrived at Princess Cays, and the ship dropped anchor, it was a loud, rattling noise waking us from a sleepy slumber. Although annoying, I was pleased at the thought that we had no other ports requiring tender to shore, and the anchor would not be used again. To my great disappointment, when we stopped at our future ports of call, we were awakened by the loud sound of thrusters, lasting 20 or more minutes, as the ship positioned itself alongside the port. Even my husband, who is severely hearing impaired, could hear and feel these thrusters. Needless to say, sleeping in was not a luxury to be enjoyed in this cabin.

Being low and forward on the ship, we felt a lot of movement. When the seas were smooth, this was not an issue. However, we had a few days with rough seas, and the bouncing/dolphin-like effect of the front of the ship with the pounding on the waves that splashed outside our window and well above our deck was rough and noisy. We realize that weather is not in the hands of the ship and do not hold them responsible, but we feel it prudent to alert future passengers.

We had our 60th and 65th birthdays onboard the ship under these circumstances, and are disappointed with the cabin assignment. We will not be selecting this cabin in the future.

I hope this helps. I sent a review for Emerald cabin Plaza 206 to Cruise Critic, but they rejected it, stating they wanted more information on the ports of call. Maybe this location, in response to your question, will be helpful to others.

Edited by Cruisin09

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! We will be in Plaza deck P207, ocean view on the Caribbean Princess. Will we also have only 1 night stand? The picture of the cabin shows two. (It is forward starboard as I didn't want to be on the port side which has the laundry room by those cabins.)