** B.Y.O. Balcony Chair ??? * *

Goofballs

Has anyone ever carried aboard their own balcony chair?

You know, those comfy camping type chairs that fold up and fit in a small canvas bag with a strap you just throw over your shoulder. For us light packers with extra room, and who spend a lot of time on the balcony, it seems like it would be mor comfortable than the resin chair provided.

Any rules against it?

I don't care what anyone says, I'm doing it. Went on the Oosterdam (balcony) this year and could not get comfortable.

Going on the Glory this Feb. '05 and will take the chair wherever-land, pool,balcony !! Give up clothes and be comfortable. Maybe the comfy chairs will be thought out by the companies, but in the meantime - I'll bring my own.

Yes, we will have the folks talk about bringing too much -- but bring your own stuff-what makes you happy- carry it on & off if you want.

As far as I know, if you can carry it on, there's no rule saying you can't. There was a poll on one of the forums here not too long ago about whether or not people would do this. Most people wouldn't do it, but then if you're like me, you just don't have the room! :D

ONE of our chairs on the conquest was VERY comfy... it even reclined. The other one was okay.. just an average chair. I really enjoyed sitting out there with my feet up on the rail~ relaxing in peace and quiet.

If you want to bring your own chair~ go for it. Whatever floats your boat!

On the Oosterdam - had to take pillows off the bed to make the chair comfy. I brought, in the luggage, a clamp-on umbrella for the balcony and the beaches-even used in the rain.

So, I'll bring the umbrella again and now the lounge chair, an insulated mug for all the drinks and a mini-coffee pot to wake up.

Just perfect ! MaryAnn

I've had some really 'comfy' chairs that I would LOVE to have on a cruise, but the one's provided aren't really that bad..!! Add a pillow here, a pillow there, and it's a whole new world!! :D

I wouldn't go to the trouble, but if you really want to, WHY NOT!! :rolleyes:

We've done it a couple times! We love a quiet, shady deck. Having sailed Fantasy-class ships a number of times, our favorite hide-away is under the lifeboats, but there are no lounges. So we started bringing our own. It is less convenient than the newer classes of ship where Carnival had the foresight to provide seating on a quiet, shady deck. But it is an option that worked for us!

I've been thinking about bringing my own chair, but I thought everyone would think me crazy! I LOVE these boards!!! Just when I think I'm nuts, someone makes me feel at home!!!

*shakes head* This is not an outdoor concert or a ball game.

I have been reading reviews about the Glory (which I will be sailing on this Dec.)from what people have experienced on this ship is that there were not enough chairs esp. around the pools, there is suppose to be a no chair saving policy which no one honors, too bad. I have read that some go out early and put their towels on chairs then go have breakfast to come back at there leisure to their saved chair.

Can someone verify this, and should I bother hauling my own fold up chair on the plane?

the saved chairs in the pool area is that way on every cruise we've been on. what can be done about it? It is a shame to bring your own chair, but if you feel like you can't make youself comfortable with what is on the balcony, then I think you should bring your chair. my next cruise, when i see people bringing their own chairs on the ship, i will probably laugh just remembering this post.

Archived