Bottled water for shore excursions???

I don't know if Carnival sell bottled water, although P&O do, but I always pack a cereal bar or two in my bag on shore excursions, just in case I can't find a suitable local place for lunch. It's never been a problem.

Yes, they do, but of course it's at a premium. You can also buy it in a store in the port and carry it on board with you, and keep it in the refrigerator.

I always carry snacks for the kids, and it's never been a problem. One thing I noted on the Freedom last year - there were no individual serving size cereal boxes on the Lido deck buffet the entire cruise, and I had planned to use those for port snacks. :o

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Can anyone tell me if Carnival sells bottled water to take ashore on your tours? I know Princess & RCCL do. Also can you take prepackaged cereal bars or crackers with you?

Many thanks

I'd say take a couple REI stainless steel bottles ( http://www.rei.com/product/738271 ) with you and fill them up every day before you leave.

That and some good ziplock bags for cereal / bagels will be perfect for snacks on a busy tour! That is our plan at least ;)

We have always taken bottled water with us in a small cooler. We carry it right through boarding and put it on the scanner as we board. Our very first cruise we asked and they told us we could take it. No one has said a word since so I'm assuming it's still okay to do.

The water on the ship is very drinkable, I always pack a couple empty water bottles and then just fill them before the tours and take with us. They do sell bottled water but it's about as expensive as at any event.

Not sure about Carnival, but my last two cruises were selling bottled water at $3.50 and $4.50 per bottle. I bought the little baby bottles of water at home (about 4 ozs I think), my friend carried 6 and I carried 6 in our carry-ons. Worked for the shore excursions, then drank them all and didn't have to carry them back.

Taking the decent water bottles with you is good advice. Many times we purchased a bottle of water each before leaving the ship but they are a pest to carry around whereas taking a water bottle that has a strap or some sort of holder is much more convenient.

We did the Carnival Freedom cruise and had no problems refilling the bottles in any ports once we had emptied them. Rome especially has so many street fountains and the water is cool and pure. Athens was the only place that at lunch time we went into a cafe for lunch and asked if we could fill our water bottles before leaving. They took them of us and filled them from an iced water jug they took out of the fridge. As it was 45 degrees celsius that day we really appreciated it. Olympia was the only place there were not water fountains everywhere and we had to buy bottles of water there.

David

Last summer I sailed the Grand Med. On the Carnival Freedom and while we waited in the specified lounge for excursions the carnival employees came around selling small bottles of water. Today I returned from the Navigator of the seas out of Barcelona and they did not do this, so you would probably need to buy a bottle at port and then try to fill it on the ship.

Chipmaster

According to other posts you can not take anything that is not packaged from the ship into port. They check everything.

We will soon find out if this is true

Hmm, is this an immigration rule or a ship rule? I find it odd that the ship would restrict taking stuff off unless it was not within the law for the country you are coming into. I can see the issue with produce etc. But liquids and dry foods I don't believe there is a law around this. No different then what I see in the airports getting off the airplane when I go thru customs.

What if I have a few big boxes of Cheerios for my kids, they going to stop me :eek:

Perhaps the cruise wants to insure that port vendors get their claws in my cash too :mad:

Archived