Segway - 2 Hour Fortifications Tour

gumballz

My friend and I did the 2 hours tour 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful. I'll be back in SJ next year with family and we are all going to do it. It was a great way to get around.

We loved this tour too! You can find my review here- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=761443&page=3. Although it would be hard for my family to choose one favorite day of our cruise, this was our favorite excursion!:)

Great review--we are thinking of this 2 hour tour in Sept--there will be 4 of us..course our ship will be at the "other" dock (PanAm)--s thinking of boardign the ship & then leaving for afternoon tour--but not sure how long it will take to board--so might be better to either take it on return or take it in the afternoon Sat after we arrive. (but am not sure we'd be clear & checked in & taxi from Isla Verde to port when we get in about 2:40--now that I write this I doubt we'd make it that day-so sounding more like after boarding on Sunday or after returning before we go to the airport--the more I think on it it might be alot better to do it before we fly out if we can get a time around 10am

kehlx2, as soon as you decide when you want to go, I would contact Jose. We tried making our reservation about two months in advance and he was booked. Of course, you're ahead of us in your planning! This really is a great excursion, I hope you all enjoy it!

kehlx2, as soon as you decide when you want to go, I would contact Jose. We tried making our reservation about two months in advance and he was booked. Of course, you're ahead of us in your planning! This really is a great excursion, I hope you all enjoy it!

Great this is what I thought also--right now waiting on our son/DIL to choose--as we 4 are leaving the end of this month for Maui--I am thinking he is waiting to get one trip over first...:) --course from Maui myself & DH are going to Seattle for 10 days...so they will be back before us & perhaps he will have time to make a decision then.

I really think this sounds like a great way for us to RE-see the area & not get too tired--we've been here 3 times (but I love the idea of someone telling us what we are seeing & also ot appears that they take us to 'other' parts of the fort)--either way in the heat it'll be much nicer to ride around.

Other times we just walked to the fort.

we are doing this excursion in aug. there are 6 of us my

husband ,me,18,17,15.8.5 year old. i asked jose about the 8.5 year old. he said as long as he makes height requirement he is fine to go.he is tall for his age and does meet the height requirement and picks up things real quickly(where i on the other hand may still be at the office at the end of the trip)my question to you is do you think he will be able to handle the machine? any and all your input would be appreciated

thanks

patricia

How long are you at the fort? We had already made plans to tour the fort at another time. We would love to be on the Segways for 2 hours but want to use that time for riding and not walking the fort. Any idea if Jose would deviate the tour for a party of 6?

How long are you at the fort? We had already made plans to tour the fort at another time. We would love to be on the Segways for 2 hours but want to use that time for riding and not walking the fort. Any idea if Jose would deviate the tour for a party of 6?

he did for us we are a family of 6just fill out the form on line and submit it. he sent an email back within 24 hr

We just did the tour last Sunday right after we got off the AOS. My wife has bad knees (arthroscopic surgery on one last fall) and had absolutely no problems with it.

This was a highlight of our trip. Natalie was great. All 6 segways were out, Jose took 3 more experienced people with him and the poor girl had to walk along side my wife and me while giving the 2 hr tour. She didn't miss a beat walking in the 90 degree weather. When she got done with us, she went out with another group for 45 minutes walking again.

we are doing this excursion in aug. there are 6 of us my

husband ,me,18,17,15.8.5 year old. i asked jose about the 8.5 year old. he said as long as he makes height requirement he is fine to go.he is tall for his age and does meet the height requirement and picks up things real quickly(where i on the other hand may still be at the office at the end of the trip)my question to you is do you think he will be able to handle the machine? any and all your input would be appreciated

thanks

patricia

i was wondering if anyone that has done this has any info on how hard they are to manage

Archived