Gty Room Assignment - NOT HAPPY

Mysticcruiser

I just received my cabin assignments for our upcoming cruise in June. We booked 2 rooms, one for me and my DH, and the other for the kids. My PVP told me not to worry, that our rooms would be close together. Well they are on opposite sides of the ship! My room is Aft, and the kids are mid-ship on the other side. Will we be able to have this changed???? I know this is part of the "game" of booking gty rooms, but I feel my PVP was not being truthful with us. She of course made it seem like I should not worry at all, that we would be close together. Is there anything I can do besides upgrading to assigned cabins and paying $$$???

I would have just booked to joining rooms. That does suck. You could try and say something like 'remember the rules about under 25 in the room, well mom and dad want to be in the same bed so that leaves the under 25 kids all alone in a room":D just trying SOME humor. But that does suck

Sidenote....is money more important than being halfway apart from your kids??????

If you had asked us, we would have told you that Carnival tries to put you on the same deck. Sounds like you got the same deck?? just not close together. You are actually lucky not to be 5 decks apart or whatever.

Maybe your PVP's idea of close together and yours just wasnt the same.

You can still pay to get a cabin and choose it on one of the cabins.

Call your PVP and maybe she will allow you to choose another cabin without extra charge. Explain that being on the same deck isnt your idea of close together, you mean next door if possible.

You need to call IF your children are under 25 than the bookings should have been linked. This usually leaves you with less of a chance for upgrade but togeather. They can and should have done this. Now if the are over 25 than yes, it is the luck of the draw.

Ahhh, the not so lucky luck of the draw. Unfortunately, that is why we spend the extra money to book the rooms that meet our family needs. Sorry to hear of your plight, but if CCL gives you concessions, then I will consider them to have "taken" our money. :mad:

Oh...great question. I assumed that they were young children :( ...my bad :eek:

That's why I'm asking. If they are young, she needs to get assigned rooms,,,like now. You can't have young kids on the other side of the ship!!

Honestly, I wouldn't even want young teenagers on the other side of the ship. That's just not good.

This just happened to me and my mom and dad. WE booked 2 rooms back in August 2007. We were first promised that in Jan. we would receive a coupon code to upgrade to a cabin assignment. Well, the price jumped and we were not able to get the cabin assignment. I was NOT happy. At that point we had saved already $400 per cabin because we booked so early. WELL, we were still promised that we would be together. First, we booked early, second we are platnium (sp). We were told by our PVP that we would be looked at first for the best IS guareentee.......

So, when we got our assignment - my room was in the total front of the ship and my parents are in the last room in the back. HELLO>>>>>> What happened??? :confused: We did call and I was able to move my room to the back with my parents ( 7 rooms down). Better than what we originally got, but I am really not happy still.:(

I now know - I can not trust my PVP. She made a promise to me and my family and said - don't worry - I will make sure you are taken care of. I know now she can't keep her promises. It's my fault - I should not have trusted her. I wish I would have spent the extra money at the time to get the cabin assignment. I would have still been ahead if I would have done that back in August.

So.... Now that you know my whole story. CALL - maybe they can change one of the rooms closer to the other. It is worth the try. GOOD LUCK!!!!

That's why I'm asking. If they are young, she needs to get assigned rooms,,,like now. You can't have young kids on the other side of the ship!!

Honestly, I wouldn't even want young teenagers on the other side of the ship. That's just not good.

One adult would have to be booked into each cabin if the children are under aged. OP wouldnt have been allowed to book two under aged children in their own cabin with a guarantee.

Still sounds to me like they are only 1/2 deck away from each other. Same deck one in aft and one midship, on the other side of the ship, i.e. one on port side and one on starboard side of the same deck.

Thanks for all your responses. My kids are 20 and 14. I know it is the luck of the draw, but my PVP kept reassuring me not to worry. I have never booked a gty before, and I really feel like she took advantage of me. We originally booked our trip for August, but were "bumped" off the ship because it got chartered by someone. So Carnival offered us the same rate if we wanted to book a different date. The price was significantly higher in June, so to book the difference now would cost us $$$.

I did send her an e-mail stating was not happy, let's see what she comes back with!

I just received my cabin assignments for our upcoming cruise in June. We booked 2 rooms, one for me and my DH, and the other for the kids. My PVP told me not to worry, that our rooms would be close together. Well they are on opposite sides of the ship! My room is Aft, and the kids are mid-ship on the other side. Will we be able to have this changed???? I know this is part of the "game" of booking gty rooms, but I feel my PVP was not being truthful with us. She of course made it seem like I should not worry at all, that we would be close together. Is there anything I can do besides upgrading to assigned cabins and paying $$$???

how old are the kids?

Were the bookings with 1 adult and 1 kid in each cabin?

Bill

I think the point is that the PVP lied to make the sale. I was in the same situation. I would like to compare PVP. We might just have the same one. I do blame myself, but I am so disappointed with the outcome.

Thanks for all your responses. My kids are 20 and 14. I know it is the luck of the draw, but my PVP kept reassuring me not to worry. I have never booked a gty before, and I really feel like she took advantage of me. We originally booked our trip for August, but were "bumped" off the ship because it got chartered by someone. So Carnival offered us the same rate if we wanted to book a different date. The price was significantly higher in June, so to book the difference now would cost us $$$.

I did send her an e-mail stating was not happy, let's see what she comes back with!

At least one is an adult but that still sucks though. I like picking where we stay

Hopefully she comes back with a good option. Technically I do not think she was "allowed" to book the kids in to a room alone that was not across the hall or next to your room because of their ages (under 21). So I am suprised that she even talked with you about guarantee rooms :( .

Good luck!! I hope you get it worked out.

Yes, I was told that we had to book an adult in each cabin, and then we could switch it once onboard. Seemed reasonable to me at the time....

Ahhhh...there is the missing piece ;) . Yep - that would have "allowed" the booking of the guarantee rooms but then you are at their discretion for room placement.

Basically, I think your PVP's defination of "near" is different than yours. As others have stated - same deck is really pretty good considering the other room could have been 5 decks away :eek: .

Hopefully your PVP will come through with a plan that you are comfortable with - but they may not be able to do much about it either. I hope either way that you have a GREAT cruise!!

If your PVP told you that your rooms would be "close together", he/she was either mistaken or lying. Carnival makes no promises when it comes to guaranteed categories. (I was in the same situation last year where my party was spread around).

You will either need to keep an adult in each room, or rebook assigned cabins if they are available.

Archived