PVP protocol...

mitchpam

You DO have control over these calls.

Go to the carnival website

go to 'My Profile' (requires you to sign in)

Select 'Update Profile'

Uncheck the box:

spacer.gifPlease contact me for special cruise offers and news

Select submit.

This action will stop the calls.

You DO have control over these calls.

Go to the carnival website

go to 'My Profile' (requires you to sign in)

Select 'Update Profile'

Uncheck the box:

spacer.gifPlease contact me for special cruise offers and news

Select submit.

This action will stop the calls.

It stops the emails but not the calls.

Kurbanfan... are you on the do not call list?

Do Not Call list isn't applicable here, since you've been "doing business" with Carnival.

From the Wikipedia on this subject, one exception to the DNC list states "A person may still receive calls from companies with which he or she has an existing business relationship for up to 18 months after his last purchase, payment, or delivery from it, unless person specifically asks the company not to call again."

Doesn't mean you can't tell them later on to stop the calls, but don't rely on the National Do Not Call list to stop it in this case.

(Also - be wary when Carnival [or any company] has you "verify" your profile; a lot of times, the site defaults the boxes for sending emails, phone calls, etc. to "Yes," even though you've said "no" in the past. While you're looking to make sure your address and phone are correct, these boxes are lurking waaaaaaay down the screen! This sometimes also happens when Privacy Policies are updated - they'll tell you in the fine print that you're back on their call list, and you have to actively opt out. Perfectly legal, but dang annoying!)

Thanks for the good info. .. and yes it is bothersome that there are soooo many loopholes in this world. I guess they must actually sell to some of the people that they call or they would not still be practicing this method. I just do not prefer it at all.

I must be the odd person out................I wish a NEW PVP would call me:rolleyes:

I have been trying for two years to get a new PVP.....if I check the box yes, my old PVP calls me back................I thought I would get a new one. When the pop up appears, I clicked "yes".....who calls???? my old PVP that I am trying my best to get rid of:p

I never ever get a call from my PVP, the original one, from years ago, unless I initiate the call............she NEVER checks prices for me, never calls me for anything UNLESS I initiate the call.........well heck I can do that with the 1800 #.

I have given up.......this upcoming cruise in June, I just called 1800# to reserve it and everytime I want to check prices, or have questions, I just call the 1800# and talk to who ever answers:) I don't care for TA's, because I can do what they do (on a cruise) with the 1800 #.

Then again..................that is my opinion.....I am frustrated, can't you tell?????????

I must be the odd person out................I wish a NEW PVP would call me:rolleyes:

I have been trying for two years to get a new PVP.....if I check the box yes' date=' my old PVP calls me back................I thought I would get a new one. When the pop up appears, I clicked "yes".....who calls???? my old PVP that I am trying my best to get rid of:p [/color']

I never ever get a call from my PVP, the original one, from years ago, unless I initiate the call............she NEVER checks prices for me, never calls me for anything UNLESS I initiate the call.........well heck I can do that with the 1800 #.

I have given up.......this upcoming cruise in June, I just called 1800# to reserve it and everytime I want to check prices, or have questions, I just call the 1800# and talk to who ever answers:) I don't care for TA's, because I can do what they do (on a cruise) with the 1800 #.

Then again..................that is my opinion.....I am frustrated, can't you tell?????????

I guess you don't mind paying more for doing the work yourself?

Bill

Archived