PVP protocol...

mitchpam

Is it normal for Carnivals PVP to call me? I recently sent an E-mail to Carnival so I could get my past guest number. I wanted it so i could look around the Carnival site on my own. Since doing this I have received three phone calls and a card with two business cards. In my E-mail to them I stated that I wanted and E-mail response only. When she called the first time I told her I preferred the E-mail notifications of specials. The second time I said the same thing. Last night she called again to ask how she could help me in planning my next Carnival cruise... I told her that we were not in the planning stages yet, that I preferred her to send E-mails. So is this normal? Should I complain? I am on a do not call list, and I realize i gave them my phone number, but only because I could not get my past guest number without it. I HATE unsolicited phone calls....

Am now having the same problem. I have booked 2 cruises within the last 2 weeks. I did both with Carnival over the phone and as far as I am concerned I am done. I have received at least 3 calls and we screen all our calls with our answering machine and I just ignore it. You'd think they would be happy with my booking cruises and why they are bothering me now is confusing. They just are annoying!! It isn't even the same PVP. Oh well, we've had a collection company trying to track down someone who never had this phone number and no matter how many times I tell them not to call they do. usually a recording. Ugh, I hate junk calls!!!

I too have received several calls from a PVP after requesting nothing more than my past guest number. I find it annoying, but I tend to screen my calls with Caller ID anyway so haven't actually talked to him.

Sometimes, when I do not want to give out my phone number but you are required to give it in order to advance to the next screen, I will give them the number for information. I know there are operators out there that are not happy with this technique, but I'm selfish and want to avoid the calls.

In case you don't know what that number is, it's your area code followed by 555 1212.

By the way, I just received a one-day sale flier via email and my past guest number is printed on the bottom.

Kurbanfan... are you on the do not call list?

I have no idea? Evidently not lol! I have never booked thru Carnival but we have always gotten calls like they are our long lost friends :rolleyes: ( more so recently)

We have done a couple surveys with the gallup polls representing Carnival and have filled out many comment cards.......I just keep letting them know I already have a TA........

Here's how it works:

When you register on the website, take a cruise with Carnival, request a brochure, or call the 1-800 number, a "profile" is created. This profile is then assigned to a PVP.

If you register multiple times (each spouse registers individually, or one person registers more than once using different phone numbers or emails), multiple profiles will be created so you might have multiple PVP's trying to get a hold of you.

Any time that you log on to the Carnival website, or request information, a message is sent to that PVP prompting them to contact you. They will try to contact you a pre-determined number of times to follow up with you.

In my opinion its great customer service, especially these days when customer service in general sucks. We have gotten so used to not talking to humans and doing everything online, that we feel offended and violated if a human actually tries to assist us and we don't even know how to pick up the phone and just say "no, thank you for your follow up!"

If you don't want their assistance, pick up the phone when it rings and just let them know. Tell them to check the "do not call" or "do not email" box in your profile. Ignoring the phone call is not going to let them know that you don't want to talk to them so they'll keep trying.

Keep in mind that if you visit the website and a PVP contacts you, and then you visit the website again a few days or weeks later, a PVP will be prompted to call you again to follow up.

I visit the Carnival site MANY times, so I have told my PVP not to call me every time I log on. I value her services, treat her with respect, and in return, she respects my requests...

The do not call list is the federal thing that got set up for all those companies that would get peoples names and call them from a call list. I have our number listed in the registry...but I guess it is not the same thing if I have "given" my number to Carnival. I guess I just did not expect to be called... and certainly not so often...

I want to be the one doing the contacting... and I do not have caller ID, I have never had a use for it... till recently...

Tapi, thank you for your insight...

I did not know that by going to the web site that I was actually putting in a "request" for my PVP's help. I thought I was just looking for fun and interesting vacation prospects... It is nice to know, and I can ask her to PLEASE check the box that says do not call (though I have already asked this each time she has called, and stated it in my initial request to just be E-mailed a response).

as far as DH seeking information and having multiple people looking at Carnival site from our number, not a chance right now, a cruise is NOT on his radar...YET!!

The do not call list is the federal thing that got set up for all those companies that would get peoples names and call them from a call list. I have our number listed in the registry...but I guess it is not the same thing if I have "given" my number to Carnival. I guess I just did not expect to be called... and certainly not so often...

I want to be the one doing the contacting... and I do not have caller ID, I have never had a use for it... till recently...

LOL! Caller ID is a must these days:D I can't remember the last time I was ever logged into their website. So I know that was not why they called.

Probably just looking to drum up work with past guests.......

I don't know what I'm doing right, but I've never received unsolicited calls from Carnival (knock wood!).

I'm on the do not call list.

I log on to Carnival's website at least once a day.

When the box comes up about someone from Carnival wanting to call me, I hit the "X" in the corner instead of "Cancel" or whatever the button is.

Maybe my PVP put a "do not contact" flag on my account....I don't know, but I have yet to receive any calls from Carnival.

Tapi, thank you for your insight...

I did not know that by going to the web site that I was actually putting in a "request" for my PVP's help. I thought I was just looking for fun and interesting vacation prospects... It is nice to know, and I can ask her to PLEASE check the box that says do not call (though I have already asked this each time she has called, and stated it in my initial request to just be E-mailed a response).

as far as DH seeking information and having multiple people looking at Carnival site from our number, not a chance right now, a cruise is NOT on his radar...YET!!

You can still browse their website without logging in. Maybe the default is set up with your past guest number? If so log out and change it.......

I've only used the PVP assigned to me once. I contacted her recently because she had told me that we could choose a cabin as past guests (currently on a balcony guarantee) if we didn't want to chance what we were assigned. She's now telling me that she can give us an assigned cabin but we will have to pay to do so.

I was on the website recently doing a fake booking to get pricing as a solo. Got a message from her saying she saw me on the website asking if she could help me with anything. That answer would be no.

I know some people have great PVPs but I never hear anything from mine. After being told incorrect information and hearing from her only because there was a potential booking involved, I don't see the value in using her.

I do book through Carnival and have my own PVP. He only calls when I email him about prices or asking questions. He just told me that they are not allow to email prices anymore. He use to email me prices all the time. But now they can not do that.

As for other PVP's calling, I have had that happen before. But I give my cell phone number to the web site. I just egnore those phone calls. But that hasn't happen to offend for me anyways.

I go to Carnival to check out prices and have never had anyone call me because of that.. When I back out of the price page there is a screen that popes up asking if you wish a PVP to call. I just click out of that screen. You shouldn't have anyone calling you if you do that.

TortieGal

I know some people have great PVPs but I never hear anything from mine. After being told incorrect information and hearing from her only because there was a potential booking involved, I don't see the value in using her.

Ya, I went through 2 PVPs and a few TA's before I found the one I have now.. I figure I would give him a try. I guess the third time is a charm. Because, he has worked out great. He dosn't bug me for bookings and answers my questions even after my booking has been made. So there are good ones out there.

The do not call list is the federal thing that got set up for all those companies that would get peoples names and call them from a call list. I have our number listed in the registry......

The Do Not Call list works as long as you're not voluntarily giving a company your phone number. If you do so, that company will be able to contact you for a pre-determined amount of time (I'm not sure how long, but I think it's anywhere from 1-3 months) after that, your number is no longer available to them. Once this time period is over, they can only call you again if you initiate the contact (either online or by calling them).

This applies to ANY company, not just Carnival. If you voluntarily give them your number, the Do Not Call list will not protect you for that pre-determined amount of time...

Tapi, I guess this is the real scoop I was looking for... so they can call me because I gave them my number... at least there is a time period (hopefully). I am glad you got a laugh out of my non use of caller ID. Mostly we do not get any calls that are unwanted... though with all the voting polls of recent I was starting to wonder...but I know how to easily dissuade and not engage conversation with these unwanted calls.

If the calls don't stop, or they coincide with my visits to the Carnival site, than I guess I will have to put my foot down... firmly, yet gently... :)

I only recieved a couple of calls from PVP's that weren't my own. One I told Iw as already working with a PVP and they said thank you and hung up. The other one was more persistent and told me I could upgrade to an OV cabin( since I booked an IS GTY) I asked him if I'd been assigned yet and he told me I hadn't to which I replied, "then how do you know I don't already have an oceanview or better?"

I post that story quite a bit, whenever I see a thread like this, but it just boggles my mind that they think I'm stupid enough to PAY for an upgrade that I could get for free. (plus I'm perfectly happy if I get an Inside)

I just let them give their name and then tell them I'm working with "my PVP's first and last name here" If you aren't working with anyone I'd make up a first name!! HAHA. Just say "No thank you I'm already working with a pvp 'mary.'"

I had not been contacted by a PVP until I logged into my account to begin looking at cruises. She called me saying that she noticed I had been online & wanted to know if I had any questions, etc. I did end up booking with her after deciding which ship, sail date & itinerary I wanted. She was able to get me a price drop once. I asked her about competitors' pricing & she said she would do her best to match it & if she couldn't I could transfer the booking. She said they get points for making the booking & still keep them when you transfer it.

So, a while later, a TA gives me a much better price. When the PVP couldn't match, I asked for it to be transferred. Unfortunately, the TA cancelled & re-did the booking, prompting a call from the PVP. I am guessing they lose their points in this situation. I was a bit miffed, as I was very specific when I told the TA to transfer the booking. Now, I am unable to see my cabin number & itemized $$ details online. My TA assures me it's because of her group booking & that she made sure we would keep our cabin assignment. I am hoping she is being truthful. I will sure let you know if she is not.

It really is kind of like a game then?...like the stock market, or finding good airfare. My only problem is the phone call part of it. If I call them...okay....but why should she call me...

I would love to hear other peoples perspective on how they go about booking their cruises and if they get phone calls too...

The Do Not Call list works as long as you're not voluntarily giving a company your phone number. If you do so, that company will be able to contact you for a pre-determined amount of time (I'm not sure how long, but I think it's anywhere from 1-3 months) after that, your number is no longer available to them. Once this time period is over, they can only call you again if you initiate the contact (either online or by calling them).

This applies to ANY company, not just Carnival. If you voluntarily give them your number, the Do Not Call list will not protect you for that pre-determined amount of time...

I guess that list doesn't protect you from the politicians. Bill Clinton, The Governor of PA, etc called me daily the week before the election.

Bill

Is it normal for Carnivals PVP to call me? I recently sent an E-mail to Carnival so I could get my past guest number. I wanted it so i could look around the Carnival site on my own. Since doing this I have received three phone calls and a card with two business cards. In my E-mail to them I stated that I wanted and E-mail response only. When she called the first time I told her I preferred the E-mail notifications of specials. The second time I said the same thing. Last night she called again to ask how she could help me in planning my next Carnival cruise... I told her that we were not in the planning stages yet, that I preferred her to send E-mails. So is this normal? Should I complain? I am on a do not call list, and I realize i gave them my phone number, but only because I could not get my past guest number without it. I HATE unsolicited phone calls....

This sure is getting to be a problem lately.

The last thing I want at home is sells people calling my house. That is why I am on the DO NOT CALL list. It was quite for a while but, is really getting bad the last few weeks.

Don't call me. If I want something I'll call you.

Archived