check in question

Gixer

On RCCL website I found this in the FAQ -

6. If you're a Platinum, Diamond or Diamond Plus member of our Crown & Anchor Society, be sure to take advantage of priority check-in and the private departure lounge.

Do you get priority check in and departure lounge if you stay in a suite? I couldnt find anything on the website that gave this info or a list of suite perks :confused:

If you are booked in a Grand suite or higher, you do get priority embarkation. There have been reports of some terminals granting it to Junior suites also, but they are not considered true suites. I think RC refers to them as enhanced balcony cabins, or something like that.

If you are booked in a Grand suite or higher, you do get priority embarkation. There have been reports of some terminals granting it to Junior suites also, but they are not considered true suites. I think RC refers to them as enhanced balcony cabins, or something like that.

Many of the ports honor JS for priority check in. And even though you don't get concierge with them you do get two cruise credits.

That's true--JS's get priority embarkation. Just get into the "suite" check-in line when you get to the desk area.

In Galveston, JS does not get priority embark. The waiting area is not large enough to handle the extra guests of JS or even friends/someone you just met in check-in line/whoever else you brought along guests of GS or higher suites or Platinum/Diamond members.

I have shown up at cruise ports as early as 11:00 and I have been let on, regardless of what type of cabin I had. When I was on Carnival with a balcony, they gave me a note saying that while boarding starts at 1:00 they will allow me on the ship but my room and some services won't be ready.

This time I was in a Junoir Suite with Royal and I was told I could board early but again my room would not be ready, etc......

I was told by my TA with my very first cruise, If you are coming from an airport they realize people are going to be early and they will accomodate you but try to discourage it.

Archived