Vip Shopping Pass

villager

Please don't fall for the VIP Shopping Pass that they are now selling. It is one big rip off. They talk about all the free gifts you get from the various stores but the stores are either "out" of the free gift or it something that isn't worth bringing home. I should have known better but got swept up in pitch.

It is a complete rip-off. My DW fell for this and paid the $25 for the VIP shopping pass and coupon book. The junk you get for free was so bad she just put it in the garbage. One of the items was a "free ring" and I kid you not -it was a plastic children's toy ring. We did not use a single coupon. At least the "passport to value" coupon book cost's what it is worth- which is nothing!

I totally agree - we didnt get a book, but our table mates did and boy were they sorry they did. Especially disappointing the way the cruise director staff "hawks" the "limited supply" of books too - They know they are ripping off the clients which doesnt sit very well since Im a big Princess fan overall.

<flame off>

Paying money... for the 'privilege' of spending more money!!

That must be one slick schtick they've concocted!

I wonder if the VIP book offers double specials at 'The Brooklyn Bridge Store'. :D

Seriously, it is easy to be swept up in the extended moment of a cruise. But, when a line stoops to this sort of a low (nearly three card monty) to gin up revenue, they're going to burn up a TON of consumer goodwill. Jeez - charge $25 bucks higher fare... and for that matter add another $25 and offer a free soft serve ice cream machine... I'm a junky for frozen desserts!

Actually, we purchased one during our first cruise to Alaska two years ago. We used the coupons to create our own scavanger hunt with the kids...we all had a ton of fun and the kids got some cheap souveniors (sp?). Anyway, it was worth it for us as we did not book any excursions and used this as our way to spend time onshore and be together. All in how you look at it I guess!

Is that the same book that some TA's say is a free perk when you use their services? I got one last year and was glad I did not pay for it. There was nothing there. Same thing IMO about the books or coupons they give if you go to the seminars before a port. I was talking to an employee in Grand Cayman about those coupons and he said they really were just to get people in and if you did not pay for the oppertunity of having your shop in the book some cruise lines went out of their way to tell you how bad the store was. My friend bought a nice amethist ring at the shop after going to a few of the shops with coupons and they were all much higher in price for a ring with more flaws..... I always am buyer beware and now more so after talking to that employee......

Actually, we purchased one during our first cruise to Alaska two years ago. We used the coupons to create our own scavanger hunt with the kids...we all had a ton of fun and the kids got some cheap souveniors (sp?). Anyway, it was worth it for us as we did not book any excursions and used this as our way to spend time onshore and be together. All in how you look at it I guess!

I bought one once on a cruise and it didn't expire until the end of the year so I did use it twice. On 2 cruises. In one store in St. Maarten and you got a free gift. It was a 'don't laugh' a Cuban cigar. Now that for a middle aged woman who doesn't even smoke. I gave it to a tablemate and he was quite pleased with it.

Please don't fall for the VIP Shopping Pass that they are now selling....QUOTE]

Let me get this straight, you paid someone $25 so you could go and spend more money?

How many e-mails from Nigeria have you answered?

Archived