Float Planes - Misty Fjords

jhinjhin

We have found that Island Wings is the only service that actually lands and lets you get out and walk around. However, its $60 more pp than the cruise line trip. Is that worth the additional amount? We have four people so it adds up.

If not is there any reason to go with an independent as opposed to the cruise line?

That's strange. We flew with Sea Wind Aviation last year and we landed on the water and got out. Book with the cruise line if you want to save money. At least if you're late getting back, the ship will wait for you.

I was glad we booked through the cruise ship for this tour, they did hold the ship for us because we were late getting back. They had a full size bus waiting for 4 people and did they get us back to the ship quick! At least our tour wasn't cut short because the ship was waiting.

please keep the comments coming, I am considering booking with Island Wings and noticed the fare went up $20 this year after reading reviews last year.

Were those of you who took the cruise floatplane trips happy with your pilot and the trip?

please keep the comments coming, I am considering booking with Island Wings and noticed the fare went up $20 this year after reading reviews last year.

Were those of you who took the cruise floatplane trips happy with your pilot and the trip?

I booked with Island Wings about 2 weeks ago for $229. Now I've got to wait til Aug. 23rd! With the price of fuel, I'm surprised the fare is only $20 more than last year.

We are also booked with Island Wings on a 2-4 pm flight, ship leaves at 5. They assured us they've never missed the ship.

AFAIK, Island Wings is the only one that lands on a beach - the others let you get out and balance on the pontoons (can't imagine it's easy to take pictures that way).

We flew with Michelle at Island Wings last season. We LOVED it!! It was actually cheaper than the ship tour. It was longer as well.

I thought it was worth it even for more than we paid. We had 5 people in our group and had a great trip. Michelle is a great pilot and we had a very memorable trip!!

Archived