HELP No Birth Certificate for 10yr old girl

ronjamie

The chance of anyone getting on any cruise ship without proper identification is slim to none. There used to be a little latitude and exceptions made. Those days are gone.

You need to find a way for the girl to get a birth certificate or, sadly, it seems she has to stay home.

12 weeks for a birth certificate...this is what happens when the Government is in charge of anything....imagine how bad it will be when they take over the health care system! Can anyone say VA Hospitals????

12 weeks for a birth certificate...this is what happens when the Government is in charge of anything....imagine how bad it will be when they take over the health care system! Can anyone say VA Hospitals????

That seems like a long time for a birth certificate. I do not remember it being that long when we requested them for our kids but it was post 9/11. My DW was able to get hers while she waited. This was the same with a friend who just did this about 1 month ago.

We got our kids passports in less than 3 weeks back in Feb. Maybe it is easier to prove citizenship than birth:confused: .

The notarized statement has to be from Both parents with signatures (can be 2 letters if needed) If one of the parents is deceased they may need a copy of the death cert. (morbid true but better safe then sorry) Or some kind of notarized statement saying one parent has passed. And as said please remembera notarized letter stating medical treatment is to be determined by XYZ and their insurance card will have to be part of this package.

• Administrators
I think she leaves tomorrow:(

That's what I keep thinking. :( This is a big -- if not giant -- can of worms between the birth certificate thing, it not being a child of the cruising adults, etc. Time was alarmingly short when the OP posted -- waiting until 2-3 days prior to the cruise??? -- and now it's gone.

I feel so sorry for the little one who isn't going to get to go (which seems pretty sure from the posts here and the lack of the OP returning to update). :(

Good takeaway lesson -- stick the packing lists and shore excursion brochures on the back burner until you are sure everyone in the party has a ticket and EVERYTHING they need to go on the cruise.

I'm going to hope that the OP took the advice from this forum and the advice from "wherever" else and was able to do the right thing and enjoy the cruise.

I know it's strange, but we really need to realize that we're NOT the only cruise board available :eek: ! IMO, we give the best advice, but it's not the only advice available.

The chance of anyone getting on any cruise ship without proper identification is slim to none. There used to be a little latitude and exceptions made. Those days are gone.

You need to find a way for the girl to get a birth certificate or, sadly, it seems she has to stay home.

I can tell you the chances are zero! Two of my clients lost their Passports some where between their hotel and the cruise terminal. They were told straight out, no cruise! Lucky for them 15 minutes before sailing time, their passports were turned in.

I got birth certificates in less than 3 weeks from San Diego county..It was very fast.

To the poster who commented on gov insurance..I am eligable for both VA health care and Tricare, which is military medical insurance...The VA is pretty horrible IME, but Tricare is outstanding and I've had no issues with it in the 20 years I've used it

Archived