Opinion on sandals

Hi everyone,

Me again - just posted in a previous thread about shoes and someone mentioned Crocs. I always hated them, but found these ones and they look pretty cute.

Do you think these are OK to wear for casual evenings at dinner with a pair of black Gap pants (dressier ones, not "khakis"), with a nice top? I have my strappy sandals with me, but if I was in the mood for something more comfy - just wondering if these would be OK? I'm sure they'd be fine with a casual black skirt and top.

If I get these, one of my existing pairs is gonna have to bite the dust though. But these look super comfy, and that is the most important thing!

SASSARI%20BKBK.jpg

I too have been among the croc haters, but people swear by them being so comfortable. STILL doesn't make me look at them. Not too long ago I said if they could place that comfort in a high heel they just might have something. Well, lo and behold, a few days ago I saw these...

PAAAIADJFGJMBDFEt.jpg

I also saw the one's you posted and thought they would be pretty cute and casual too. I just might have to resort to crocs if these are as comfortable as the duck shoes that everyone raves about. The one's above are called Cyprus, I saw them in a Bloomingdales catalog I got, did a search, and they're cheaper on the crocs website.:) I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried these and if they're comfortable.

Just wanted to say that pic is actually a link to another site, but I think they are cheaper at the crocs site. Just couldn't copy that pic.

one of my existing pairs is gonna have to bite the dust though. But these look super comfy, and that is the most important thing!

Are you replacing a known, comfy pair of shoes with a pair of shoes that LOOK comfy? Your feet may not appreciate that strategy, unless you've got a good amount of time to break in the new pair. (I've made this mistake, and paid with terrible blisters and sore-all-over feet. Never again for me!! :) )

Kind of a long story that I won't bore you with, but no. I only have one dressy sandal packed for nights, and that is a very dressy strappy sandal. I want another sandal with a heel for other nights onboard, and I need a new pair (although my DH would dispute that). :D

The ones I bought today are pretty comfy, but I've heard that Crocs are REALLY REALLY comfy, but have never considered them before because they always looked pretty ridiculous to me. The ones I posted are cute though. I can buy them tomorrow and try them around the house for a few days and then return them if they are not comfy.

The ones you posted are GORGEOUS, but if you check the Crocs website, they are sold out of size 5 in every single color!!! Even so, I'm in Canada, and I don't even know if they ship to Canada. But I don't like buying shoes that I haven't tried on, so doubt I'd do a cross-border order just in case.

And unfortunately I've never seen that style anywhere in Canada. :(

But the ones I found here look pretty nice too.

The ones you posted are GORGEOUS, but if you check the Crocs website, they are sold out of size 5 in every single color!!! Even so, I'm in Canada, and I don't even know if they ship to Canada. But I don't like buying shoes that I haven't tried on, so doubt I'd do a cross-border order just in case.

And unfortunately I've never seen that style anywhere in Canada. :(

But the ones I found here look pretty nice too.

I think the Cyprus one's just came out and aren't available everywhere. I was reading somewhere you could pre-order and they were going to be shipping whenever the release date was, which I think was just a few days ago. Since they are so new, I haven't been able to find reviews on them yet, so I might just have to order a pair and review for myself.

Come back and let us know how the one's you got worked out for you. I was looking at those too.:)

I have those, too. Wore them on my Holiday cruise in March, once with a skirt and once with pants. Comfy, for sure. :D

I also bought these...

p4380181reg.jpg

They are crocs, too, called Malindi. I wear them with skirts or capris. Really comfy, too. I teach and I can stand in either of them all day with no problem.

I too have been among the croc haters, but people swear by them being so comfortable. STILL doesn't make me look at them. Not too long ago I said if they could place that comfort in a high heel they just might have something. Well, lo and behold, a few days ago I saw these...

PAAAIADJFGJMBDFEt.jpg

I also saw the one's you posted and thought they would be pretty cute and casual too. I just might have to resort to crocs if these are as comfortable as the duck shoes that everyone raves about. The one's above are called Cyprus, I saw them in a Bloomingdales catalog I got, did a search, and they're cheaper on the crocs website.:) I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried these and if they're comfortable.

Just wanted to say that pic is actually a link to another site, but I think they are cheaper at the crocs site. Just couldn't copy that pic.

I still think these and all crocs look like rubber and very cheap looking.

I bought a pair to wear while doing the gardening..something to slip on and off easy and quick. I am flat footed and have very little arch and honestly these things hurt my feet so bad that I could hardly walk the next day. Also IMO they have very little arch support in them. IMO I think they are very cheaply made and I would never pair these or any rubbery looking shoes with any outfit. But to each their own...

IMO I think they are very cheaply made and I would never pair these or any rubbery looking shoes with any outfit. But to each their own...

To each, their own.....exactly!

I am to the point in my life where I really don't care how my shoes look to other people. If they are comfortable to me, then that's all that matters. If I can wear them for hours on end and be pain free, then I am thrilled! And really, FTLOG, who really cares what other people wear on their feet? Not me, that's for sure.

I have plantar faschiitis and the Croc-type shoes are so soft and doesn't make my heel hurt. I have not tried the new styles that are shown here, but I will order some and see if they are as comfortable as the original Crocs.

Thanks to the OP for posting that link!!! :)

I still think these and all crocs look like rubber and very cheap looking.

Although I find the original 'duck' feet looking or Micky Mouse looking shoes a bit hideous, I don't find these sandal styles quite so obnoxious. If they are comfortable, I don't see a difference in wearing these with a pair of jeans or capri's or wearing a pair of canvas sneaker slip-ons or any other sandal. I think for a casual look they'll look just as good if not better. As I think they'll dress up an outfit more. And I'm hoping they'll be more comfortable than a flat sandal, everytime I wear a gorgeous flat sandal for any length of time my feet start to ache due to lack of any arch support I suppose.:o

I hate having to make a choice when it comes to shoes. Comfort or style? It seems shoe makers have yet to combine them both for decent fashion choices.

My podiatrist gave me a list of shoes that I should be wearing. Then she laughed and said ..what am I thinking you will Never wear crocs!!... I thought well .. if my feet don't hurt I could wear them some places I guess.. But it turns out I have never seen a pair that is narrow enough for my feet.

So I wear Dansko sandals pretty much all the time and my feet are so used to them that I am almost afraid to buy something else unless it is only going to be for a couple of hours and not too much standing.

But it turns out I have never seen a pair that is narrow enough for my feet.

I have AA feet and the "Croc" (brand) shoes are too wide for my feet. However, Easy Spirit makes the croc-type shoes that fit me great. They are a few dollars more than the Crocs, but they fit and are confortable, so it's OK with me!! :)

http://www.easyspirit.com/s?namespace=catalog&origin=viewall_category.jsp&event=p.shoe&pid=14851&cid=1073

Although I find the original 'duck' feet looking or Micky Mouse looking shoes a bit hideous, I don't find these sandal styles quite so obnoxious. If they are comfortable, I don't see a difference in wearing these with a pair of jeans or capri's or wearing a pair of canvas sneaker slip-ons or any other sandal. I think for a casual look they'll look just as good if not better. As I think they'll dress up an outfit more. And I'm hoping they'll be more comfortable than a flat sandal, everytime I wear a gorgeous flat sandal for any length of time my feet start to ache due to lack of any arch support I suppose.:o

I hate having to make a choice when it comes to shoes. Comfort or style? It seems shoe makers have yet to combine them both for decent fashion choices.

In my case they are neither comfortable or stylish....Crocs don't have any arch support for me...;)

Are you replacing a known, comfy pair of shoes with a pair of shoes that LOOK comfy? Your feet may not appreciate that strategy, unless you've got a good amount of time to break in the new pair. (I've made this mistake, and paid with terrible blisters and sore-all-over feet. Never again for me!! :) )

Crocs don't have a "break-in" time.

Hi everyone,

Me again - just posted in a previous thread about shoes and someone mentioned Crocs. I always hated them, but found these ones and they look pretty cute.

Do you think these are OK to wear for casual evenings at dinner with a pair of black Gap pants (dressier ones, not "khakis"), with a nice top? I have my strappy sandals with me, but if I was in the mood for something more comfy - just wondering if these would be OK? I'm sure they'd be fine with a casual black skirt and top.

If I get these, one of my existing pairs is gonna have to bite the dust though. But these look super comfy, and that is the most important thing!

SASSARI%20BKBK.jpg

As a croc hater, I think they will be lovely. After a long day of walking around they actually look quite comfortable. Besides, your feet will be under a tablecloth and no one really looks at your feet.

HI everyone,

Well I tried them on today, and I wanted them to fit so bad, but they were way too wide for my feet. I have really tiny feet - size 5, and narrow, and very small instep. The Crocs were too wide, and the strap was way too loose, my foot kept sliding way forward. They fit in length but that was it, I was so disappointed.

But I really did think they were cute, and they looked great with the casual pants I had on. I tried to talk myself into them, but the lady who worked at the store said no way, they were too big for me.

Oh well, I'll have another look around tomorrow.

I will have a look at the Easy Spirits someone mentioned who also had narrow feet, but my time is running out, less than two weeks to our cruise!

Thanks to everyone for the opinions though, and if you do have more normal sized feet and like these shoes, I think they'd be super comfy!!

My podiatrist gave me a list of shoes that I should be wearing. Then she laughed and said ..what am I thinking you will Never wear crocs!!... I thought well .. if my feet don't hurt I could wear them some places I guess.. But it turns out I have never seen a pair that is narrow enough for my feet.

So I wear Dansko sandals pretty much all the time and my feet are so used to them that I am almost afraid to buy something else unless it is only going to be for a couple of hours and not too much standing.

I am a busy hair stylist and, therefore, are on my feet for 9 - 11 hours a day. I SWEAR by Dansko and they are the only shoe I wear to work. They have so many cute styles of sandals in so many colors. They are also the only shoe I use for walking on vacations, too. In Europe, I feel tennis shoes scream "tourist", but my Dansko's look just great! I find great deals on new ones on Ebay - - far less than my local store. The arch support in Dansko's is the best I've found, including Merrill, Borne, Clark's, etc. They are coming on my cruise this summer for sure! :)

leela14, sorry they didn't work out. I was actually going to order them and the cyprus today to check them out, but I got a little sidetracked with some Born sandals elsewhere and ordered these...

shoes_iaec1004234.jpg

Since those didn't fit you so well, I'm thinking I might want to try them on instead of ordering online. I'm thinking the Cyprus should be in the stores soon so I'll go out looking next week.:)

leela14, sorry they didn't work out. I was actually going to order them and the cyprus today to check them out, but I got a little sidetracked with some Born sandals elsewhere and ordered these...

shoes_iaec1004234.jpg

.:)

Hey! Thanks for posting these Born sandals! I love them! I just bought myself a pair of these in silver! They look like fun shoes! :D

Archived