Rhapsody allocated cabin

Hi , It seems we have been allocated cabin 2010 which is an ocean view stateroom on Deck 2. Even though I specifically requested a cabin with a window and not two portholes, sure enough they must have immediately booked us into a cabin with two portholes. :eek: They did reply to my original request stating i would need to pay the appropriate price to have a guaranteed cabin.

No complaints though, i guess the fare was cheap enough and we have to take what is offered. I even thought by paying early that may have improved our chances of a window.... not so...ok rant over

My question - can anyone tell me about this cabin....any feedback appreciated. It is right at the very front of the ship on the port side, just above the water line by the looks.:D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hi , It seems we have been allocated cabin 2010 which is an ocean view stateroom on Deck 2. Even though I specifically requested a cabin with a window and not two portholes, sure enough they must have immediately booked us into a cabin with two portholes. :eek: They did reply to my original request stating i would need to pay the appropriate price to have a guaranteed cabin.

No complaints though, i guess the fare was cheap enough and we have to take what is offered. I even thought by paying early that may have improved our chances of a window.... not so...ok rant over

My question - can anyone tell me about this cabin....any feedback appreciated. It is right at the very front of the ship on the port side, just above the water line by the looks.:D :D :D

go the the Royal Caribbean board and you will find lots of information from (mostly American) cruisers of Rhapsody.

hi surfoz, cabin 2010 is right at the front, we cruised rhapsody last october and we were on deck 2 but we were a bit further back

you could always check on the website and see whats vacant, just do a mock booking and then cancel out

if you are cruising on the 19/10 we will be on that one too

rkmw

hi surfoz, cabin 2010 is right at the front, we cruised rhapsody last october and we were on deck 2 but we were a bit further back

you could always check on the website and see whats vacant, just do a mock booking and then cancel out

if you are cruising on the 19/10 we will be on that one too

rkmw

The joy of a guarantee booking. When booking catgory I, most cabins have a window, except the front 3 on each side which have portholes. Many of the early specials were for guarantees, and would have cost more to book a specific cabin.

HI,

We've booked on the Rhapsody for the 22/11 cruise.

I wanted a particular section of the ship and was told it wasn't available - which I thought was a little strange, so I rang RCL direct.

I was given a number of cabin # options within my grade and they told me "if the TA wants your business, they'll make the booking for you". I emailed the TA with the details and I had the cabin I wanted within 1 hour.

I suggest spending $5 to call the States with the deck plan handy and seeing if you can get the cabin you want.

HI,

We've booked on the Rhapsody for the 22/11 cruise.

I wanted a particular section of the ship and was told it wasn't available - which I thought was a little strange, so I rang RCL direct.

I was given a number of cabin # options within my grade and they told me "if the TA wants your business, they'll make the booking for you". I emailed the TA with the details and I had the cabin I wanted within 1 hour.

I suggest spending $5 to call the States with the deck plan handy and seeing if you can get the cabin you want.

I was able to get the cabin I wanted as well through a local T\A. It was $45 each dearer than booking a guarantee and letting Royal Caribbean allocate our cabin for us.

I booked mine through a t/a and they gave me a few choices of cabin number options (I ended up asking for cabin 3562 as I read somewhere that being midship is the best option to try and avoid seasickness).

Can they change your allocation after you have paid your deposit?:cool:

I booked mine through a t/a and they gave me a few choices of cabin number options (I ended up asking for cabin 3562 as I read somewhere that being midship is the best option to try and avoid seasickness).

Can they change your allocation after you have paid your deposit?:cool:

Depends.

If you book a specific cabin and request no upgrades, then that is your cabin. 3562 is in a good spot.

If you book a category guarantee, you can be allocated a cabin but later moved to another cabin in that category or higher.

Did you make yourself available for a free upgrade? Even after booking a specific cabin, you can be upgraded to a "better" cabin. The plus would be to be upgraded to a balcony cabin which is possible, but it is also possible to be upgraded to Cat F on deck 4. If you look at the deck plan, cabin 4002 would be considered an upgrade to a "better" higher category cabin.

Ok Geoff, how do you get yourself a chance at an upgrade???!!

T\A asked if we wanted to be on the upgrade list. We said no for this one - as we would rather stick to the cat J inside (larger) than to be "upgraded" to a smaller oceanview in a forward or aft location. I have absolutely no idea what the odds of an upgrade are.

The other way is bingo on the first day. If one of the suites is unsold, they keep it empty for the winner of a special bingo game.

Depends.

If you book a specific cabin and request no upgrades, then that is your cabin. 3562 is in a good spot.

If you book a category guarantee, you can be allocated a cabin but later moved to another cabin in that category or higher.

Did you make yourself available for a free upgrade? Even after booking a specific cabin, you can be upgraded to a "better" cabin. The plus would be to be upgraded to a balcony cabin which is possible, but it is also possible to be upgraded to Cat F on deck 4. If you look at the deck plan, cabin 4002 would be considered an upgrade to a "better" higher category cabin.

Thanks for the info Geoff. My t/a didn't ask me if I wanted to be available for a free upgrade, although he did mention that it is possible that I may be upgraded so I am assuming that he did put me on the list.

He did mention though that ROS don't often upgrade but he told me about a booking he made and they lucky devils were upgraded to a balcony.

I must admit I booked this cabin mostly because I thought it was the better option for less risk of seasickness (I haven't been seasick on smaller boats so I'm hoping I'll be fine a ship).

Thanks again for the info

:)

Archived