Room Assignment?

d_foster

We have 5 guar. inside riviera deck rooms booked on the Glory for November 11. Is it too early to call the travel agent to find out our room assignments or if we can get free upgrades? Is there any other way to find out our room numbers?

We have 5 guar. inside riviera deck rooms booked on the Glory for November 11. Is it too early to call the travel agent to find out our room assignments or if we can get free upgrades? Is there any other way to find out our room numbers?

If your sailing sells out, you have less of a chance of getting upgraded and the only time you are going to find out your cabin numbers FOR SURE is when you arrive at the pier. Good luck on your upgrades though, I hope the upgrade fairy sprinkles some dust your way.

We asked for an 8A guarentee and ended up with 8I. We were very pleased with the upgrade BUT did not get our cabin # until we arrived at the port. We called TA and the cruise line but they said we could not get that information in advance.

using these links---go to http://www.carnival.com and resgiter to use their site.

on the top right hand corner go to profile and register your cruise. The cruise will come up in the left hand corner of the home page.

Click on there. put in your password then minimize the page. click on

http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx then scroll down. IF your cabin has been selected it will show on that page. Good luck

I haven't been able to access BookModify in over a month. Every time I try I get an error message. I booked with my own TA and not through CCL and was wondering if this is what is causing the message. I was able to access it until about six weeks ago. We are sailig on the Glory in Jan 05.:mad:

the reason you cant use the modify page is because you cant access that page on the carnival page. You have to use a third party page. That is why i posted those instructions.

Besides-if you are sailing in January-its too early to see your room number- check at 7 weeks.,

CruiseT: carnival changed their policy with finding cabins. THey are trying to set cabins by 7 weeks out. ( I wonder if that had anything to do with all the bumping of passengers for the Miracle out of Baltimore)

using these links---go to http://www.carnival.com and resgiter to use their site.

on the top right hand corner go to profile and register your cruise. The cruise will come up in the left hand corner of the home page.

Click on there. put in your password then minimize the page. click on

http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx then scroll down. IF your cabin has been selected it will show on that page. Good luck

serene56, I tried this method and it states that our room is main deck 2204. This is an inside room at the VERY front of the ship. I was wondering if this is a final room assignment? Do we still have a chance to be bumped up to an outside cabin?

Nope- sounds like you are assigned. Go try to buy a gift and put that number in and see what happens. Since I been looking at the modifying it seems that once its there--that is all there is- DId you get documents yet?

I wont ever be doing a gaurantee again thats for sure.

:D No way! With all the anguish I put myself thru the past few weeks...uh-uh. I will always book an assigned cabin in the future, believe me.

I'm telling ya - it's kinda hard to understand - my PVP that I liked so much for four cruises couldn't/didn't do a thing to help me....and then, up pops this 'miracle PVP lady' three weeks out. I am so grateful to her.

But NO more guarantees for me.:p

We just returned from last week's 5-day Holiday sailing from NO (by now, from Mobile). We did, indeed, reside in Cabin E19, which was assigned Aug. 6 -- 59 days in advance -- and never changed either on the book/modify page, or in reality.

This was, by the way, an upgraded 'guarantee' (from Oceanview 5A) booking. We were happy with our cabin assignment, but really can't imagine we'd have been unhappy with any other cabin, since they were all pretty much identical except for location. And, we paid $409 per person, taxes included. A dining companion in the same category, same deck paid $639 per. We'll book 'guarantee' again.

New Cruiser.- thanks for taking the time to post this information. It becomes important to my studies...lol

Where are the 5A located on the holiday?

And did you experince a lot of motion being the far upfront?

The 5As have portholes instead of picture windows, and are chiefly (perhaps exclusively -- I don't have the deck diagram in front of me) on Riviera Deck. 6A-D all have picture windows -- the letters correspond with decks, low to high.

Since this was our first cruise, hard to say we felt any more/less than anywhere else. We DID feel the ship's motion, but it never bothered us. We kinda liked being rocked to sleep. :) And, when skirting TS Matthew on the way home, the 15-foot seas probably meant EVERYBODY felt something.

Thank you Serene56. Your instructions worked and it's the first time we could see that page. Ufortuntately we don't have a cabin assigned yet for our 12/5/04 Legend sailing. We will keep watching. We are a little less than 8 weeks out so it's probably early. But thanks for that info.

The 5As have portholes instead of picture windows, and are chiefly (perhaps exclusively -- I don't have the deck diagram in front of me) on Riviera Deck.

:) Just to add to the information:

The Holiday class ships have 5A porthole cabins on Riveria, Main, and Upper Decks. (Also a few 1A cabins have portholes.)

The Fantasy class ships have 5A porthole cabins on Riveria, Main, Upper, and Empress Decks.

Where are the 5A located on the holiday?QUOTE]

Serene - Girl, I believe you should be able to write your own cruise book once you get all this info compiled.:D You have helped me out a great deal, y'know.

The 5As on the Holiday are far forward on Riveria, Main, and Upper Decks... and I believe there's only about a dozen of them. The 1As w/porthole are in the same area. I really enjoying being in M6 (1A w/porthole) last year. Others have said they experience some motion, but I didn't - not at all.

PVP told me that the 1A w/porthole has only ONE porthole (true), and that the 5A has two portholes....the only difference.

Cotton: my email is serene56@aol.com please send me an email- (its like real important)

Back to the subjest- did the Holiday always have a category 5A? Wants confusing is on the newer ships the 5A's have french doors that open to give you fresh air- Guess thats why i am confused.

Serene, email will be on it's way shortly. About the 5As on Holiday - I've only been cruising on her since 2001, but assuming they haven't changed. I know the newer ships changed that category - at least, I think I know, from looking at the ship's diagrams.

Archived