Room Assignment?

d_foster

I'm 28 days out from my sailing. We booked 5 GTY rooms in March/April for this November cruise, but we did not book through Carnival *directly*. I still can't get any kind of room assignment to show up through the "book modify trick". Is that because of *how* we booked, possibly? I sure would love to know ahead of time, but it seems we'll have to wait it out.

~Memrie

It doesnt matter if you booked with carnival or a travel agent at home. Did you at least get your documents yet? coz if you did I want you to look on the back on the sign and sail page on the bottom there will be a long number that wills tart with your booking number and ends with your cabin number. If Carnival did NOT assign you cabins yet you will see the letters GTEE instead of a 4 numbers of the cabin.

Let me know ok

• 1 month later...

After you have completed all the Fun Pass information and all passengers are COMPLETE, simply hit the GIFTS button on the page (next to the PRINT button). This will bring you to a page with the most popular gifts on it. Hit the name of any one of the gifts and on the page that it goes to will (hopefully) have your booking number along with your cabin assignment. Worked for me.

My cruise isn't until Feb. 12, so I didn't figure it would show me an assignment yet. However, I talked with my TA about Guarantees and asked him whether if a category is sold out does that mean an automatic upgrade. He said no, because they actually assign you a cabin as soon you you book. He called this a "secret cabin". I asked if that cabin would drop off the list of cabins and he said, yes, it would. So, I would imagine that having a full ship and a guarantee cabin may mean you stand less of a chance of getting upgraded.

Who knows, but I'm still sticking with my cheaper OV Guarantee booking and hope I get bumped up.

Our legend cruise was sold out many many months before we left--and yes, some people did get upgraded. For now you are pakred somewhere on the ship- Thats how they can determine if a ship is overbooked or not.

Our legend cruise was sold out many many months before we left--and yes, some people did get upgraded. For now you are pakred somewhere on the ship- Thats how they can determine if a ship is overbooked or not.

If this was the case, why would Carnival let you order gifts if they planned on changing your cabin at a later date?

The gifts will follow you since you are in a gauarantee cabin. Carnival CAN change those cabins up to 72 hours before sailing. Its rarre but it is done.

By doing what you mentioned--I ws misplaced 4 times before the real cabin was set. (this is just on the gift page not the modify pages.)

ANd usually in a guaranteed status you can order gifts from that page - you get a message stating to call. (it does happen most times) until about 6-7 weeks out then they have you set completely where you can order the gifts.

Archived